Sexual Harrasment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leianne1967

My jurisdiction is: Newport News, Va

I have a 19 yr old son who was hired at a company. During training he was harrassed many times in front of the other employees. This man said things to my son such as "You better stop playing with yourself, thats what made you have to wear thick glasses" and also "your from Gloucester so you must fu## goats". Other things were said over a period of time. My son had perfect evaluations until he finally stood up for himself in front of the other employees and told this man to stop talking to him like that. After that my son got very bad evaluations and was terminated yesterday. My son filled out a report and spoke to the HR manager who was very upset to hear this and stated she would look into it personally. Does he have a case? This man just threw my son's future right out the window.

Thank you

Seems like a case of retaliation to me. Look up sexual harassment retaliation online. My lawyer told me that this part is much easier to prove than the sexual harassment part, typically. You will probably have to file with the EEOC if the company has more than 15 employees. They were very kind and helpful to me when I visited them here. Also, try to find a lawyer with a free consultation. I went to about 4 consultations before finding a lawyer i was happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back