Salary assistant manager

Alexc

Three weeks ago my gm and I had a disagreement and he told me to leave and not come back In the middle of the pay week. I went in to get my last check and was told I wasn't eligible for it since I "took a week off and have no vacation time". What are my options?

Three weeks ago my gm and I had a disagreement and he told me to leave and not come back In the middle of the pay week. I went in to get my last check and was told I wasn't eligible for it since I "took a week off and have no vacation time". What are my options?

You have to prove what you assert.
It'll be his or her word against yours.
Meanwhile, you are free to file for unemployment, or submit a wage claim to your state's wage and labor agency.

Or, in Florida, there are many fine attorneys who will prosecute your claims on your behalf.

You are entitled to be paid for all the time that you actually worked. You are not due any pay for any time after you left, even though you were told to leave and even though you are salaried. If you've been paid for all that time, that's all she wrote. If there is still time for which you actually worked, you are in one of the worst possible states for wage and hour claim, unfortunately. You can try small claims - that's probably your best bet.

You only get paid for time *actually worked* as noted. Fl. doesn't have much of a DOL & would generally refer your claim to the federal DOL. However, they are only concerned with min. wage & OT claims. As noted; if you are owed any wages, your best bet would be a small claims court action. Do file for unemployment ins. - the state will decide if you qualify.

Back