Rights to vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ah9109

To keep it as brief as possible, I left my ex husband for extreme reasons that are extremely private. Before our marriage he convinced me to sell my car (which I admit was all but complete junk) and drive his vehicle. The intent was to purchase myself a car but instead he purchased himself a truck. By the time the truck was purchased we were engaged and living together. Now that we are separated (our divorce will be finalized in Aug) he has taken both vehicles and left me nothing, claiming I have no right to either. Is this true? (At the beginning portion of the separation the verbal agreement was that I could continue driving the car until I could afford one of my own but that hasn't happened as of yet. It's been a struggle to get on my own two feet. He showed up yesterday to where I work
without warning and forced me to give him the keys.)

Last edited:
You should speak with a lawyer. Don't communicate with him. Have your lawyer speak with him.

It's much bigger than a car. A lawyer will lay it all out for you, see one or two, ASAP.

You won't have to pay for the lawyer, assuming you've been married to this jerk long enough, he'll pay.

Stop asking questions of non-lawyers, see a lawyer or three in your county.

You'll be surprised, maybe.

No, you didn't have to give him the car.

So, stop communicating with him in anyway.

Be quiet, be smart.

If you have children, all the better. DON'T RESPOND, JUST READ.

IF HE'S MILITARY, ALL THE BETTER FOR YOU.

SEE A LAWYER, ASAP.

NO NEED TO RESPOND, JUST GET BUSY GETTING YOUR LIFE BACK!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back