Restraining order, child custody, etc;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nascosta23

Hey there,

I live in the state of NYC and I just gave birth to a baby boy in December. The child's father and I broke up in October as he was trying to force both adoption and abortion on me while I was pregnant and was mentally and physically abusive towards me because he wanted to be with another woman. I want to file for sole custody and child support. However, I do not want to share custody or allow visitation to the father because of past abuse history. If visitation should happen, I would want it to be supervised and have him mentally evaluated first before laying any kind of hands on my child.

What can I possibly do? As now he is saying the child is not his and is making me miserable via text and phone call. Also, if i wanted to file for a restraining order, do i have the grounds to do so even though i never reported any of the past abuse? I fear for my own safety and the safety of my child due to past abusive history not only with him, but his family aswell who have threatened me.

An alleged father of a child born out of wedlock has no rights.
If you want support, you must first establish paternity via DNA testing.
When you do so, support will be ordered.
He'll eventually get unsupervised visitation, and he'll be allowed to take the child in his home. The court will decide all of that pursuant to your motions.

The state of NY will assist you with obtaining support.

Read how on their website.

https://www.childsupport.ny.gov/dcse/home.html

Last edited:
The court will not issue a restraining order without at least some evidence.

As AJ said, if Dad wants visitation he will get it. If the court orders supervision (which is not likely at this point), it will be temporary. Given that you're the party requesting supervision (without any threat being documented), you may end up paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back