Request user input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys... in about 3-4 weeks, you'll see some dramatic changes around here. Trust me... you won't miss them. It's what I've been working on lately.

1) Addition of different subsections
I am considering changing the forums a little and also adding some additional subsections. I will resort some of the topics so that they are in the right places but need your help. For example, many have asked that real estate be divided into commercial and residential - which it should. We'll do that. But there are also many other subtopics we may divide like separate sections for family law, e.g. child support, alimony, divorce, etc. as well as criminal law for each crime, e.g. dwi-dui, drugs, etc.

2) Layout changes
I'm also considering layout changes. Some of you tell me that you love the design and how easy it is to see forums. I'm not going to change the concise nature of the forums. Our new design will keep them streamlined. But we do need to rethink the layout given the additional forums.
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- Should we add more text and descriptions for new users?

3) Other recommendations and requests
If you've got them, now is the time to make them - right here!!! Anything goes - no matter how large or small, I'm interested in hearing what you'd like. I've been considering how to better deal with user mailboxes, wall posts, etc.

I'm really excited to present to you some great releases over the next few weeks. Thank you all for your great opinions and support.

I'm okay with whatever you decide to do! :) However, I'll post some opinions to get it going....

1) Addition of different subsections
I am considering changing the forums a little and also adding some additional subsections. I will resort some of the topics so that they are in the right places but need your help. For example, many have asked that real estate be divided into commercial and residential - which it should. We'll do that. But there are also many other subtopics we may divide like separate sections for family law, e.g. child support, alimony, divorce, etc. as well as criminal law for each crime, e.g. dwi-dui, drugs, etc.
I think the family law subtopics are fine as they are with the exception that child support and child custody issues may be listed separately. I don't often post in the other areas, but it seems like a good idea to categorize the criminal law topics a bit more.
2) Layout changes
I'm also considering layout changes. Some of you tell me that you love the design and how easy it is to see forums. I'm not going to change the concise nature of the forums. Our new design will keep them streamlined. But we do need to rethink the layout given the additional forums.
- What do you like?
- What do you dislike?
- Should we add more text and descriptions for new users?
I do like the current layout. I'm not sure how it would change, unless the main page only lists the main topics, and users would have to click on the main topic to see the subtopic. If you do that, then I think a good description would be necessary. I also think a little more explanation of some of the subtopics would be helpful.
3) Other recommendations and requests
If you've got them, now is the time to make them - right here!!! Anything goes - no matter how large or small, I'm interested in hearing what you'd like. I've been considering how to better deal with user mailboxes, wall posts, etc.
At the moment, I can't think of a thing. :p
I'm really excited to present to you some great releases over the next few weeks. Thank you all for your great opinions and support.

Looking forward to it!

I enjoy the forum.
I'd only ask that users be allowed more leeway and personalization options.
How about increasing the personal messages allowed?
Could you permit more characters in the signature line?
That way each of us could express more openly our feelings on the law, justice, crime, etc.

Other than that, you folks provide a great product and service to the public. You also allow us old timers and concerned citizenry the opportunity to help those with issues.

Thanks for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy the forum.
I'd only ask that users be allowed more leeway and personalization options.
How about increasing the personal messages allowed?
Could you permit more characters in the signature line?
That way each of us could express more openly our feelings on the law, justice, crime, etc.

Other than that, you folks provide a great product and service to the public. You also allow us old timers and concerned citizenry the opportunity to help those with issues.

Thanks for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MORE space for sig line!! lol have you seen baystate's sig line its a novel lol:D

OK... I've heard some of your comments and I will add them into the list. I'll send out a preview for some of you to join me in the beta testing, which should begin end of the month with the new site. Thanks so much and feel free to keep those comments coming.

1. The forums might be upgraded to a whole different version or even a completely different forum itself. Would that concern anyone? I will be taking care to make sure that the most important items (people's thank you's, wall posts, account into) are transferred to the new version.

2. Would any of you object to re-entering your password? While I didn't want to do this, it appears that the only way I can consolidate the site is to have everyone get a temporary password and all you have to do is re-enter it in once, and you're good to go. I can't imagine this will be too much of an imposition? I will contact everyone before with their temporary password.

3. Are there things you really DON'T want? I think the forums here work well as they are but I think the extra items might really add quite a lot to what I'm hoping to accomplish on the site. And the design... I love it. :)

Jobs Posting Section

Hi,

I hope this finds you well. I tried to post some jobs up in the job section but it prompted a message saying that the section no longer exist is that true??
Please let me know will this section be available?

Regards,

Andy:angel

Hi,

I hope this finds you well. I tried to post some jobs up in the job section but it prompted a message saying that the section no longer exist is that true??
The old jobs section should be there - but I am glad to say that an entirely new job board will be up this week. :) It's at http://www.thelaw.com/jobs/

Love this site. Always can find some lead or answers when needed. I am a bit confused when it comes to responding to replies tho. Still hoping I do it correctly.

I can't seem to navigate to the right forum for criminal charges in California

I need help to find that forum to ask questions regarding charges.

Thanks in advance!

Of course it does. But, I was curious on behalf of my grandson. It seems that he was charged with DUII when he was not driving! Also, one of the charges does not match the penal code number. Does anyone know if that is a problem for the state?

Of course it does. But, I was curious on behalf of my grandson. It seems that he was charged with DUII when he was not driving! Also, one of the charges does not match the penal code number. Does anyone know if that is a problem for the state?

Please post your issue in criminal law not here!

Hi,

The jobs section is still there, technically, but it is being updated tonight. Where did you get the error message?

The jobs section is also going to be mobile optimized for Android and the iPhone. Pretty cool stuff happening... Stay tuned. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back