Request user input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at the forum messages using a PC-based web-browser now, and I see ads right in the middle of messages!
Could those ads be moved to the bottom of the message, or between consecutive messages?
Just my $0.02...

I guess it's all a matter of perspectives. I can't imagine forum readers want to see ads in the middle of message postings: it makes it look like the person posting is advertising.

In any case, I use Tapatalk most of the time, and the ads don't appear.

I'm using a web based browser and I'm not seeing any ads in the middle of messages or message postings.

Not if viewed with Chrome. I'm not seeing a single ad anywhere in the thread. And I'm not seeing any ads when viewing through IE either.

Natey, it seems that you're not really happy with pretty much any aspect of the site. Why are you still here?

Not if viewed with Chrome. I'm not seeing a single ad anywhere in the thread. And I'm not seeing any ads when viewing through IE either.

Natey, it seems that you're not really happy with pretty much any aspect of the site. Why are you still here?

I guess I should install Chrome on my Android phone.
And I am offering feedback, which is what this thread is about?

I just tried Chrome on my Android tablet. Ad appears. I have a screenshot that I can upload here to show, if necessary.
The ad does tend to move to different parts of the message on successive page-refreshes. It appears to be triggered if Location Information is enabled on the device, and the ads appear to be customized to be local.
(I would have edited my previous post to include this new info, but the Edit option was nit there)

Well, all I can tell you is that I'm not seeing any ads. Maybe you need to update your ad blocker.

I just tried Chrome on my Android tablet. Ad appears. I have a screenshot that I can upload here to show, if necessary.
The ad does tend to move to different parts of the message on successive page-refreshes. It appears to be triggered if Location Information is enabled on the device, and the ads appear to be customized to be local.
(I would have edited my previous post to include this new info, but the Edit option was nit there)

No, you're NECRO-POSTING.

This thread in two years old.

The next time will be your LAST time.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I am looking at the forum messages using a PC-based web-browser now, and I see ads right in the middle of messages!
Could those ads be moved to the bottom of the message, or between consecutive messages?
Just my $0.02...
There are no ads in the middle of messages. The only ads we have, which are very limited, are between messages. Our admins, moderators and other more senior posters here see our site without any ads altogether, except for the sponsorships of which are also very limited and basically limited to partners who help make this site exist.

I'll look at Chrome on an Android tablet. Typically it should default to our mobile theme, of which I don't believe any ads appears at all. If the "useragent" is set to use a desktop theme, then it should appear no different than as it appears on a desktop, although javascript may cause it to appear larger than it should on tablets that are below 1024x768 resolution, which would make them very old.

There are no ads in the middle of messages. The only ads we have, which are very limited, are between messages. Our admins, moderators and other more senior posters here see our site without any ads altogether, except for the sponsorships of which are also very limited and basically limited to partners who help make this site exist.

I'm attaching a screenshot with the legal service ads (changes location and content in the middle of the message, but content is localized to my geographical area, so it is not random content) that appears.
This one appears after point #3. Usually it appears after point #1.
aimg.tapatalk.com_d_13_01_10_e5evy4y3.jpg

I can email you more if you'd like. Let me know.

I was using Chrome on a Nexus 7 tablet.

Could we enable message editing for a little longer than the current time-limit? I have a URL I wanted to add to my posting from this morning, and the Edit option is gone in Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back