Repayment of H1B Costs After Voluntary Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayk

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of:

I am working for ABC company from past 4 yrs - recently transferred to US on a H1B visa (9mnths ). I want to leave the company but the employment agreement states that i cannot leave them before 18mnths- If so i will have to bear all the legal charges , training charges , H1B charges . Can they legally hold me for these charges- I am leaving them because of the work pressure

Below is the clause in the employment agreement

Should the employee terminate this agreement with 18months of commencement of employment,he/she will reimburse the employer in full for all expense incurred but not limited to, relocation of the employee to the united states of America, for search fees in respect of his/her introduction to the employer, for legal fees and associated cost incurred in respect of obtaining a work visa to the united states on behalf of the the employee, Training and instruction, which may have been incurred by the employer or client of the employer in respect of or on behalf of the employee

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of:

I am working for ABC company from past 4 yrs - recently transferred to US on a H1B visa (9mnths ). I want to leave the company but the employment agreement states that i cannot leave them before 18mnths- If so i will have to bear all the legal charges , training charges , H1B charges . Can they legally hold me for these charges- I am leaving them because of the work pressure

Below is the clause in the employment agreement

Should the employee terminate this agreement with 18months of commencement of employment,he/she will reimburse the employer in full for all expense incurred but not limited to, relocation of the employee to the united states of America, for search fees in respect of his/her introduction to the employer, for legal fees and associated cost incurred in respect of obtaining a work visa to the united states on behalf of the the employee, Training and instruction, which may have been incurred by the employer or client of the employer in respect of or on behalf of the employee

Yes, you signed it, remember?

You might not be able to transfer the H1B they obtained for you, either.

You might want to honor the agreement you signed, before you stir up a hornet's nest that stings you all over!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back