quit claim

unsurewife

Jurisdiction
California
When we were purchasing our house my husband had me signa quit claim and said he'd put my name on later. Now it's been almost six years and my name is not on the deeda nd I don't know what to do.

Did you ask him about it? What did he say? What is giving rise to the question? Are you estranged? Contemplating divorce?

There isn't anything you can do now to compel him to put your name on the deed. He owns it and will always own it.

However, should you divorce him you will have a community property interest in any equity in the property, just not ownership. Do you understand the difference?

Did you ask him about it? What did he say? What is giving rise to the question? Are you estranged? Contemplating divorce?

There isn't anything you can do now to compel him to put your name on the deed. He owns it and will always own it.

However, should you divorce him you will have a community property interest in any equity in the property, just not ownership. Do you understand the difference?

No we aren't estranged. we still live in the house. My husband's dad was going through his second divorce five years ago and my husband was overly involved and a kind of unbalanced over it (seriously, antidepressants, etc.). He pretty much though all wives were about to turn into my ex-mother-in and he has a very complicated relationship with his own dad who is pretty much an asshole. Long story short, we have four kids and I didn't want an instant divirce myself over not signing it, and maybe I completely screwed up, but I signed it.

He has a great capacity for denial and not remembering what he doesn't want to. He doewn't remember. I don't even think he being dishonest. I remember it like it was yesterday and I have my journals also. I really don't know what to do.

You may not know what to do, but a CA licensed divorce attorney can give you plenty of great ideas.

Back