question

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jacobraven

How can I find relief from being denied opportunity for employment for one felony drug conviction for which I have served my time, successfuly completed my probation requirements, and no longer use drugs of any kind?

You possibly should have started your own new thread but I will let a moderator decide & move if necessary.

Please verify YOUR state.

How long ago was the felony conviction?

Is this something that can be expunged in your state?

Thanks.

I replied to this under http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22014 - question got moved but not my reply. Reply below:

You possibly should have started your own new thread but I will let a moderator decide & move if necessary.

Please verify YOUR state.

How long ago was the felony conviction?

Is this something that can be expunged in your state?

Thanks.

cbg, you moved my reply from old thread after I reposted my reply here. :) We have to stop this togetherness! (I think you were moving it at the same time I was replying here.)

Last edited:
How can I find relief from being denied opportunity for employment for one felony drug conviction for which I have served my time, successfuly completed my probation requirements, and no longer use drugs of any kind?

Your RELIEF, insofar as your felony conviction lies in a FULL pardon granted by the executive of the state in which you were convicted (or the president, if yours is a federal conviction).

A POTENTIAL doesn't owe an applicant for ANY position an explanation for NOT hiring or interviewing that applicant.

It might be IMPOLITE not to acknowledge an applicant, but said employer has no legal duty to explain or elaborate on any decision they make.

The contra-positive to that is that no person owes that employer an explanation for not applying or responding to an interview invitation.

Last edited:
Why do you say you were "denied opportunity"?

It would seem you were allowed opportunity but rejected due to your background. That is very different.
As said above, try to go through the legal process to erase the conviction so it does not continue to haunt you.

It might also depend what type of jobs you are applying for. If you are looking to work in any job where you have access to drugs, I would seriously condider a different line of work.

Why do you think it is your past that is preventing you from being hired and not just the poor economy, how you interview, your skills, education, superior qualifications of the other candidates, references, or some other perfectly legal and valid reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back