Question about workplace harrassment

Bozz

Jurisdiction
New York
question: i work at target in ny for over 5 years this has been happening before pandemic. i believe its constructive termination but unsure (ive researched now need lawyers advice)

5 years ago i had a argument with my team lead - result hours were cut
i reported sexual harrassement and harrassment from another team member and HR in store blamed me and threatened my job.
im kept seperate from rest of team not given help with work and not allowed to talk to anyone.
ive been told i work too slow and younger team members can do it with no issues. HR is good friends with team lead and store manager so nothing can be done as all are protected.
recently they hired a new girl in my dept and i was so happy we had someone who besides me cared for the job i excitedly said if it wasnt inappropriate id kiss you im so happy with your work but anyone knowing me and that im married knows it was just excitement for a person who cared about the job. i was reported for sexual harassment. another day there was only 1 girl working and i had product not mine when i brought it down to her i was reported for sexual harassment. ive been given more work again since this. 1 other time they tried to blame me for sexual harassment and when i asked who my accuser was i was told none of my business.
i have been given a copy of my job description which doesnt state how long the job takes you or that im doing the bosses work. i have consistently been reprimanded degraded and disrespected for my age, ability and not fixing others error which im told is my job while they tell everyone not to do their work correctly cause they will make me fix it. with pandemic i was the only one in dept for 2 months with 8 others out and was chastized by store manager and my bosses. there are no other jobs frankly because im older now and due to pandemic nothing else out. whatcan i do if anything? i was injured twice on job and had dr notes not to do certain work which they accidentally lost the paperwork or told me it didnt matter what dr said...Advice please

recently they hired a new girl in my dept and i was so happy we had someone who besides me cared for the job i excitedly said if it wasnt inappropriate id kiss you im so happy with your work but anyone knowing me and that im married knows it was just excitement for a person who cared about the job. i was reported for sexual harassment.

Some might say YOU committed sexual harassment, or made the female UNCOMFORTABLE.

The State of NY has one of the TOUGHEST laws regarding workplace, sexual harassment.

It might be beyond time for you to start looking for your next employment situation.

You fail to see the handwriting on the virtual wall, mate.

By the way, the term "girl" when referring to a female adult can also be considered sexually inappropriate speech.

another day there was only 1 girl working and i had product not mine when i brought it down to her i was reported for sexual harassment.

There's THAT word again, "girl" used when referring to adult females.

You need to join the rest of us in the 21st century, mate.

whatcan i do if anything?

You can do it the hard way, and wait until your employment is terminated, which need NOT be for any reason, except someone doesn't like you.

You could seek new employment, as employers are begging for employees as this nation reopens it's economy.

You could wait to be terminated.

The choice is entirely up to you.

i was injured twice on job and had dr notes not to do certain work which they accidentally lost the paperwork or told me it didnt matter what dr said...Advice please

Did YOU lose the paperwork?

Again, your livelihood is at stake.

It might be time for you to seek that next great job, while you STILL maintain dominion over your future.

whatcan i do if anything?...Advice please

The best advice I can give you is to meet with at least one employment law attorney who handles wrongful discharge and illegal employment discrimination cases for employees and talk through your issues and see if you might have any good claims against the employer. Most attorneys wil give you a free initial consultation so you only lose a little bit of your time to do this.

All the details matter and the problem here is that the employer apparently has expressed concerns for the quality of your work and possible sex harassment by you against other employees, which complicates matters as the employer certainly may take action against you, including terminating you, to deal with both those concerns, assuming the employer isn't just making those concerns up. In any event, it's messy enough that you're not going to get a good answer to your situation on a message board forum.

Back