Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI please read-i need answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtngal

my sister was arrested in california for a 1st offense dui. she hit a car but no injuries to persons in vehicle. her bac blown was extremely high due to acid reflux medication she is on. her punishment is 1 year dui classes 3x week, 1 year aa meetings 3x week, 300 hours community service, loss of license for a period of months, and major fines. my question is, does this seem like a steep punishment for a 1st offense? her record is clean to my knowledge and her claims, but i feel like this is a sentence for a multiple offender. i am very concerned for her well being as she is struggling to fit all of this in and work to pay it all off. any advice would be much appreciated. thank you-

They make it a steep punishment so that you will never do it again, almost all 1st offences are steep

my sister was arrested in california for a 1st offense dui. she hit a car but no injuries to persons in vehicle. her bac blown was extremely high due to acid reflux medication she is on. her punishment is 1 year dui classes 3x week, 1 year aa meetings 3x week, 300 hours community service, loss of license for a period of months, and major fines. my question is, does this seem like a steep punishment for a 1st offense? her record is clean to my knowledge and her claims, but i feel like this is a sentence for a multiple offender. i am very concerned for her well being as she is struggling to fit all of this in and work to pay it all off. any advice would be much appreciated. thank you-
If she did not like the potential sentence, she should not have agreed to the plea deal.

I am afraid she's kinda stuck with it now.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back