Please anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jw018

This is a long story so bare with me. My sisters husband left her and two kids here in Oklahoma about 3 months ago to move to Orlando with his mom. After a few weeks he wanted her and the kids to go visit him soshe did. While she was there he hit her and she ended up hitting him back. She was arrested and charged with demestic violance. In the mean time her husband went and filed for temporary custody of the 1 year old. I have been told by alot of people that since he nor the kids were a resident of Orlando Flordia for six months he cant file for temporary custody in the state of Flordia. Does anybody know if this is true?

I don't know if it's true or not. I do know that you can't file for divorce unless you've lived there for 6 months. Since he hit her first and hers was in self defense, she needs to press charges against him. She needs a lawyer to fight the custody thing.

In emergencies you can file for temporary custody where the children are. Since the mother was arrested for violence this would be considered an emergency.

The mother definitely should consult an attorney on the further proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back