placing a hidden camera in my cubicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that, for reasons I have already explained, we are wasting our time trying to answer what-ifs.

sure it may look like they're only messing with your stuff on the surface. But how are you to know that's all they're doing.
You don't. So, if you don't want stuff messed with, lock it up or leave your workspace blank. If they are not committing a crime or violating workplace rules, then your putting a camera up could expose you to both legal consequences and to workplace discipline. That would be just plain stupid.

They may have more malicious intentions not visible to the eye.
You can "maybe" their intentions all day long. Absent an admission on the person's part regarding their intent, or some manner of mind reading, what they have in their mind is going to be private and you cannot legally act on what you think someone might do.

Nothing to gain? How about getting some twats out of your life. what if the supervisors were in on it? Or maybe they'd scare the purpatrators off with a warning and they'd just continue to harass you but now in an even more subtle undetectable form. Work place politics can get vicious.
Sounds like you need to find a new place to work. If going to work is so stressful, and your environment so oppressive, then it is apparent that your camera idea would do no good anyway so it is not even worth considering.

Start applying for new jobs on Monday.

Good luck.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back