PFA effecting custody battle?

thunder44

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
Hello! I posted here before and got so much help. Thank you! My mother is separating from my father who is being investigated for sexual abuse against me. We filed a PFA and were granted an emergency one immediately. How will this effect our custody agreement? Does my father, an alcoholic abuser, who sexually abused me and was has a PFA against him, still have a shot at custody?

Hello! I posted here before and got so much help. Thank you! My mother is separating from my father who is being investigated for sexual abuse against me. We filed a PFA and were granted an emergency one immediately. How will this effect our custody agreement? Does my father, an alcoholic abuser, who sexually abused me and was has a PFA against him, still have a shot at custody?

If he gets anything, it'll be SUPERVISED visitations.
That usually happens in the presence of a social worker or therapist.
It won't happen until after his underlying charge has been adjudicated.
I suggest you speak to your therapist or rape counselor or your mother about how seeing and interacting with him now would negatively impact your recovery and therapy.
Usually the counselor, mom, or therapist will work with the prosecutor to keep you separated for six months to a year, sometimes longer.

I'm happy to see some pep in your posts, so in hoping you're doing the things to heal.
It'll be a long journey, but I'm betting on you to succeed.

If he gets anything, it'll be SUPERVISED visitations.
That usually happens in the presence of a social worker or therapist.
It won't happen until after his underlying charge has been adjudicated.
I suggest you speak to your therapist or rape counselor or your mother about how seeing and interacting with him now would negatively impact your recovery and therapy.
Usually the counselor, mom, or therapist will work with the prosecutor to keep you separated for six months to a year, sometimes longer.

I'm happy to see some pep in your posts, so in hoping you're doing the things to heal.
It'll be a long journey, but I'm betting on you to succeed.
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. So either way, he's lucky to get visitation? We were *immediately* granted the PFA so I was presuming things were looking better for my sister and I.

Back