petty theft investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocboy252

I just recently quit my job and my last day their my.manger suspected me of stealing. is my previous employer suppose to tell me if im being.investigated?

Last edited:
I just recently quit my job and my last day their my.manger suspected me of stealing. is my previous employer suppose to tell me if im being.investigated?

No one tells you that kind of stuff until they're springing the trap.

No, they do not have to tell you. If you are & anything comes of it, you will certainly find out.

Ditto all of the above - no one has to tell you.

If you ARE being investigated, the police will almost certainly come calling. If they do you can exercise your right to remain silent, or, you may speak to them. Your call.

I am a retail theft consultant and have dealt with case like yours many times. Since you later paid for item(s) it snot likely they will take this any further. However they might start researching other transactions as its naturally assumed that this was not first time. If they find a prior theft they could file a Police complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back