Paternity rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagmur

I have sole custody of my son who just turned 4 years old. His biological father never signed his birth certificate. He does however have a dna test that shows he is the father. We were never married.

I have met someone who is in the military and we will be getting married nest month. We may also need to move overseas if he gets deployed there. Is there anything that my sons biological father can do to prevent this?

Was DNA done through courts? Is he paying child support? Do you have a court order that says you have SOLE custody?

I have sole custody of my son who just turned 4 years old. His biological father never signed his birth certificate. He does however have a dna test that shows he is the father. We were never married.

I have met someone who is in the military and we will be getting married nest month. We may also need to move overseas if he gets deployed there. Is there anything that my sons biological father can do to prevent this?

Yes, so I suggest you consult a REAL attorney in or near where you reside.
There are many things the father can do to prevent the chid from leaving the state, maybe even the county where you reside. It might not stop you, but it can thwart and delay you.

You need more than FREE legal information. You require PAID legal representation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back