parantal rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjohnson1319

hi i have a child that`s 13 yrs of age his mother is a very messy person he knows how to call me on his own but his mother only allows him to call only when he want something! i have`nt heard from him in almost a year im tired of drama,how can i give up my rights as the other parent?

You can discuss the matter with a lawyer. But, even if you're allowed to abdicate paternal rights, you're on the hook for child support until Junior becomes 18, unless your former spouse can get her husband (assu ing she has me), to adopt the boy.

Don't get excited or too interested, that rarely happens, is expensive, and consumes time. Good luck.

My advice, accept the fact he's a brainwashed kid. Just keep doing your best, and he could change as he enters manhood.

I believe in Tx. if both parents agree & if the remaining parent can prove he/she will not need state aid for the child, Tx. will allow the other parent to terminate rights/obligations. There will be one legal parent.

Hold for responder, Proserpina, to come along & verify - she's an expert at this. (family law)

Last edited:
Yeap, you have it correct Betty :)

Texas is one of only two states which will allow a voluntary TPR outside of a stepparent adoption.

Thank you, Pro. :) ...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back