overtime and admistrative leave

• Thread Starter why mess with me
  • Start date
W

why mess with me

Jurisdiction
Missouri
I was recently asked to do overtime from my supervisor which I did. I'm a full time employee 40 per week 80 bi weekly. Well after doing two days of overtime I found out that my regular hour was getting cut because of the overtime. I then questioned the director about why this was happening only to be accused of stealing hours by not clocking out early on my regular work schedule. Now I'm being placed on administrative leave. I feel as if I'm being bullied. I've been there 7 year with not a one displine record. What can I do. My boss has lied in a recorded statement

Your employer has the right to manage your hours so that you don't work over 40 hours a week. Just so you know.

Were you told to clock out early?

I was recently asked to do overtime from my supervisor which I did. I'm a full time employee 40 per week 80 bi weekly. Well after doing two days of overtime I found out that my regular hour was getting cut because of the overtime. I then questioned the director about why this was happening only to be accused of stealing hours by not clocking out early on my regular work schedule. Now I'm being placed on administrative leave. I feel as if I'm being bullied. I've been there 7 year with not a one displine record. What can I do. My boss has lied in a recorded statement

If what you've written is accurate, once this is investigated you'll be vindicated.

Proving something is far more difficult than asserting it.

It is not clear, to me at least, whether our poster was told to clock out early and didn't, or whether he was not told to do so, but was still disciplined for not doing it automatically. My recommendation will be different depending on which is the case.

If asked to work an hour late Monday and Tuesday, your employer can send you home early on Thursday and Friday so you still only work 40 hours a week. Totally legal.

Back