Ordered to stay away

This is some f***ed up stuff right here. All this in the span of 15 months? Whatever judge signed off on an adoption a year after the child's birth mother attempted suicide should be removed from office immediately. Given that the relationship ended only three months after the adoption happened, it is obvious that whoever investigated the matter did an awful job. Of course, all this is beside the point.

THANK YOU! I have told my ex that his attorney was stupid and he was stupid for letting a woman he barley knew adopt his child! Wish there was a way to prove that it was done in a wrong manner. I talk to the bio mom and she says she was threatened to sign her rights away but not sure if it would matter now if she tried to fight it. We've been trying to find loop holes! And yes that is why I've fought and fought for my step daughter because she has been throwing so much!!

First of all, who exactly do you think is going to read the custody order regarding your ex and his prior wife? Second, the only way anyone would think that about you is if the order contains findings of fact regarding you and abuse or is a complete idiot and makes wholly unwarranted assumptions.

I see your point there. It says nothing about me being abusive.

Ok, then retain an attorney to draft a modification, get your ex to sign off, and submit it to the court. Probably no reason actually to appear in court.

I plan to retain an attorney. Just have to wait on the money. My attorney already know what's going on but she cannot do anything until I pay her.

No...not having the money to fight does not require one to agree. He could have said, "no, I don't and won't agree, but I'm not going to agree." Had he done that, she'd have had to prove a factual basis for the no-contact order

I just really mean that she took advantage of him not having money and knew he would give up and he gave up on his kids.

idk how the court "made" you guys get married. That makes no sense at all you had to be married to be around his other kids.

His attorney told us that if we didn't get married within 30 days after their order was signed he could be held in contempt of court for me being around the kids. I didn't know the rules and didn't know I could say no that's not happening.

No one sees their custody order but them so no one will think you're abusive. It's not like everyone sees it.

It's it's on the public court documents. That's the only way I know it says that.

He wasn't made to agree to anything. He chose not to figure out a way to find the means to fight for his children. It's that simple. Guys who say they had no choice didn't bother to try.

you're so right there. He just didn't want to care anymore and gave up. He hasn't seen our two children but maybe 3 times since October.

Look Good Street runs north and south.
Despite hundreds of southbound vehicles today, I see the same headed northbound.
Everyone is said to "look good" on Look Good Street.
Look Good Street is home to the "cool kid gang".

I don't think anything the OP has posted about this guy makes him look good.

None of this makes him look good and I know that. I'm not looking to see if he looks good or not. I realize he does not look good. That's the reason him and I are divorced because he is not a good person but that's a whole other thread.

Bio mom had her mental health and past used against her. Was told she'd never see child anyways so she should just sign over her rights to daughter. She ends up giving up, signing rights away. Dad to the daughter let's his new wife he barley knew adopt his child. Adoptive mom has filed false restraining orders on bio dad and kept child away from bio dad and bio family over and over. The child is 10 and has expressed that adoptive mom is physically, emotionally, and verbally abusing her. Cps has been called but nothing was done. bio mom is wondering if her mental health is better now and she has professionals who can vouch for her could she use the fact that her they did the adoption in a wrong manner by using her mental health against her when she could have had supervised visitation and now that the child is being abused… could she petition the court to have the adoption reversed and the adoptive step mom to be removed from being the child's legal parent?
anyone know any cases that have gone this way?

Bio mom had her mental health and past used against her. Was told she'd never see child anyways so she should just sign over her rights to daughter. She ends up giving up, signing rights away. Dad to the daughter let's his new wife he barley knew adopt his child. Adoptive mom has filed false restraining orders on bio dad and kept child away from bio dad and bio family over and over. The child is 10 and has expressed that adoptive mom is physically, emotionally, and verbally abusing her. Cps has been called but nothing was done. bio mom is wondering if her mental health is better now and she has professionals who can vouch for her could she use the fact that her they did the adoption in a wrong manner by using her mental health against her when she could have had supervised visitation and now that the child is being abused… could she petition the court to have the adoption reversed and the adoptive step mom to be removed from being the child's legal parent?
anyone know any cases that have gone this way?

"Birth parents, adoptive parents, and the adopted child are all able to file a petition to reverse an adoption. If the birth parents wish to restore their parental rights, they may file a petition. However, this is generally the most difficult type of adoption reversal, and may actually be impossible in some states."

"When it is allowed, the birth parents will be required to prove that they have extraordinarily improved their abilities to care for the child.

Additionally, they will need to obtain the consent of the adoptive parents. The most common example of such a scenario would be when a child is adopted by a relative, or the child's grandparents, because they are concerned for the child's wellbeing."

How Does Reverse an Adoption Work | Reverse Adoption Lawyers | LegalMatch.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/can-i-reverse-an-adoption-36875

Doesn't sound like it's something that's easy to do - especially for birth parents. So I'll go with possible but highly, highly unlikely especially after all these years.

You need to really just drop this and focus on your kids because that's all you can control. You can't do anything about your former stepdaughter's mom. All you can do is report when she states she's abused and that's about it.

At the end of the day, your ex chose to capitulate wrt allowing you to have contact with your stepkids. You could see if he'd do the same wrt your kids and the other ex. Only you know if it's worth rocking that boat given the lack of contact he has with your kids.

Back