Non Competion

Therightway01

Jurisdiction
California
I am a consultant working via a agency at a customer.

In my contract I have a Non Competition clause:
"you agree neither to solicit nor accept employment directly or indirectly, from the client or another contract agency, for a period of sixty (60) days following the completion of the your job assignment to the client without the prior written consent of the agency X."

Does this clause also limits me from having people working for me at the client via my own company (LLC) when I am still working at the client for agency X mentioned above?

I am a consultant working via a agency at a customer.

In my contract I have a Non Competition clause:
"you agree neither to solicit nor accept employment directly or indirectly, from the client or another contract agency, for a period of sixty (60) days following the completion of the your job assignment to the client without the prior written consent of the agency X."

Does this clause also limits me from having people working for me at the client via my own company (LLC) when I am still working at the client for agency X mentioned above?

In some cases non-compete clauses are unenforceable, or not what they seem to be.

To know for sure, take your contract to a licensed CA lawyer for a WRITTEN legal opinion before you act upon FREE advice doled out by unknown persons.

In some cases non-compete clauses are unenforceable, or not what they seem to be.

To know for sure, take your contract to a licensed CA lawyer for a WRITTEN legal opinion before you act upon FREE advice doled out by unknown persons.
Thanks. Absolutely. It doesn't hurt though to get an initial idea.

In my contract I have a Non Competition clause

Who is the other party to this contract? The agency or the customer (or are both parties)? Are you, personally, a party to the contract, or is your LLC a party to the contract (or both)?

You should read section 16600, et seq. of the California Business & Professions Code.

The contract is between me and my agency I am working for. The agency deployed me at a client. My LLC (a business partner and me) also wants to bring in employees at this the client.

Back