nodozing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodozing

i got a dui w/ child endangerment t.c.a. 39-15-401. no one was hurt, pickup went into ditch. CPS was called I am thier grandfather and have custody. until now. Prier to leaving to go shoping I checked frig. for last min. things while 15yr. old put 4yr. old in car seat. found large tumbler of grape punch in frig. and because i was taking perschiption med. that gave me bad dry mouth I drank it and found it had vodka in it. by the time I got into the truck and started it I felt O.K.. 3mi. down road I ran into ditch. About 2hr. later I tested .24 at hosp. I am 75 and wt. 200. Any chanches of a defence?

You need an attorney.

And you need to be prepared for the children being removed from your care at least temporarily. Seriously - one mouthful of vodka will NOT give you a .24 2 hours later.

So you were either endangering them by driving under the influence or by leaving tainted grape juice in the frig. I'd say CPS is on the right track.

OP, you need a better story.

Sometimes, it is best to have no story.

Why?

Because the story you told will only get you convicted.

Why braid the hangman's knot, build the scaffold, put the rope around your neck, and hang yourself?

I suggest you STFU (don't try to explain it), plead not guilty, and ask for a court appointed lawyer.

For the time being, I suggest you forget the grand kids.

Why?

This isn't your first DUI.

In fact, this may the DUI (if convicted) that sends you to Angola!!!!!

So, stop talking, plead not guilty, ask for a lawyer, get into a program (AA or another one), and follow the advice of your lawyer.

Otherwise, you could end up dying in prison!!!

why do you say it is not my first time?

I am nearly clairvoyant.

Before I went to law school, I worked for Miss Cleo as an apprentice "psychotic".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzT48rPEhM

Seriously, I KNOW this isn't your first DUI.

I don't need you to confirm or deny.

You do NEED to get help, ASAP.

Get into a program, and you might be able to avoid being sent to Angola!!!!!

start program tomarrow at V.A. hosp. have'nt drank since day of accdent. feel like pleading insanity. OMG, whit have I done to my grand kids. both are retarted. So is thier mother. Question. With BAC of .244 why plead innocent and pay a lawayer? In TN. if you have ANY income your not poor and do'nt qualify for public definder. P.S. mother of kids has ODD.

start program tomarrow at V.A. hosp. have'nt drank since day of accdent. feel like pleading insanity. OMG, whit have I done to my grand kids. both are retarted. So is thier mother. Question. With BAC of .244 why plead innocent and pay a lawayer? In TN. if you have ANY income your not poor and do'nt qualify for public definder. P.S. mother of kids has ODD.

This is not correct. The state will appoint a PD for low-income defendants; the person does NOT need to have ZERO income in order to qualify.

Okay, you're on the right path. :cheer:

I commend you for taking care of your grands and daughter.

It must be very hard in your golden years to do this.

So, here's what you do next:

Get in the treatment program, and please do as they ask of you.

It will be difficult, but it will pay off in the near and far term.

Ask the program if they can recommend lawyers who will work with you on your DUI case.

Follow up, if they give you names.

In court, plead NOT guilty.

You will not be required to explain anything, so don't.

Ask for a court appointed lawyer.

The court will decide if you qualify.

Then keep your mouth closed about this and wait.

Stay out of any additional trouble.

You can minimize this, because you can possible keep your license to care for the grands and see after their medicla needs.

But, you must work hard to stay sober.

Good luck, and keep me informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back