No Physical Description of Home in Divorce Decree -- Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

flurderkian

Here's the situation:

1. My uncle was rewarded the house in his divorce.
2. My uncle refinanced the house and excluded his ex-wife from the home.
3. My uncle put the house on the market and sold the house.
4. My uncle got to the final stages of the papers, but now CANNOT SELL THE HOUSE because the Divorce Decree does not have the Physical Description of the house, only the address.
a. However, both the legal description AND address are together at the County Clerk's Office.
5. My uncle's ex-wife won't come in to re-sign the Divorce Decree and amend it with the physical description.

Any advice? I can't find anything definitive on the internet.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest you inform your uncle to retain an attorney.
What is needed is a court order.
However, that isn't a sure thing.
It'll take too long to explain why it's not guaranteed, so speak with a lawyer about getting the court order.

*sigh* He already has an attorney.

His attorney contacted her attorney, and that's how he found out she won't amend the Divorce Decree.

Nothing else has come out of contacting his lawyer.

What more did the lawyer say - did his lawyer not have any suggestions?

*sigh* He already has an attorney.

His attorney contacted her attorney, and that's how he found out she won't amend the Divorce Decree.

Nothing else has come out of contacting his lawyer.

You need ANOTHER lawyer who understands the potential gravity of what he has allegedly done.
Your uncle is in a precarious position.
See one, two, three, four (or more) lawyers.
The initial consultations are FREE.
You'll find one that can explain what is transpiring, and why this is a potentially serious problem for your uncle.
An internet message board isn't the place to seek help for this kind of problem.
Think if you had a brain tumor, or breast cancer: WebMD can give you direction, but not solutions, and certainly not relief.

Your uncle is sitting on a ticking time bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back