negotiated child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelmadeit

My Fiance' has a debt for child support that originated over thirty years ago. The bill is over $7000. and they garnishee his wages every paycheck. Do you know, if we paid the full amount in one payment, would the child support division in Oregon negotiate the amount? If we could get the amount down, we may be able to borrow the money and discharge the debt. Thanks.

Does he owe the State, or Mom?

It matters.

(Hint: if he owes the State, the State will likely NOT negotiate)

My Fiance' has a debt for child support that originated over thirty years ago. The bill is over $7000. and they garnishee his wages every paycheck. Do you know, if we paid the full amount in one payment, would the child support division in Oregon negotiate the amount? If we could get the amount down, we may be able to borrow the money and discharge the debt. Thanks.

I know you didn't ask, and Proserpina did a fine job in answering your question.
In fact, she was spot on, as usual.

But, if this guy has been paying child support for over 30 years, doesn't that make you a little leery or skeptical about his character?
He may have had difficulties with his "ex", but didn't those children deserve the support money while they were kids?
Heck, its been three decades, his children will be retiring soon and he's still paying his "ex" child support.
Not only hasn't he paid, but he's got you saying "if WE could get the debt renegotiated by borrowing the money HE owes"; just doesn't sit well with me.
Yeah, its none of my business, but you seem like such a solid, caring, compassionate, responsible, respectable person and this guy comes across to me as "slippery", "slimy", maybe even a little "sleazy".
I just don't want you coming back here in a few months asking how you can get YOUR money back from this crook that scammed your hard earned, honest dollars out of your bank.

God bless, ma'am!
I wish you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back