Need advice of Garnishment of Bank account of new spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeppers333

I understand that joint bank accounts can be garnished/frozen for back child support. My question is simply this. If my wife opens a new bank account seperate and only in her name, will they be able to garnish/freeze her independent account for the back child support I owe. Thank you very much for any and all help.

I understand that joint bank accounts can be garnished/frozen for back child support. My question is simply this. If my wife opens a new bank account seperate and only in her name, will they be able to garnish/freeze her independent account for the back child support I owe. Thank you very much for any and all help.

The answer to that is no.

I don't think so. She is not subject to your garnishment/levies unless the accounts are shared.

Attaching a bank account (not garnishment) would be the action, but that might be the least of your worries. Being in arrears for child support can land you in the hoosegow. Better that you get a lawyer and fix this mess, before you find yourself in the Crossbar Hilton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attaching a bank account (not garnishment) would be the action, but that might be the least of your worries. Being in arrears for child support can land you in the hoosegow. Better that you get a lawyer and fix this mess, before you find yourself in the Crossbar Hilton!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI army judge ~ an attachment, levy, garnishment, are all synonymous.

One more thing, why get an attorney...why not just pay up:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back