Need a Divorce or annulment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazonqueen

I need to file for a divorce or annulment and I am not sure which one is best for me. I have been abandoned by my husband who lives in WA but we married here in CA. We have only been married for less then a year and when he went to work on the fishing boat everything was fine then all of the sudden he stopped calling and his family will not tell me where he is. Then the family just sent me messages saying he never wants to see me again and he wants a divorce.

So I think they were just using me to get his green card. This is his second marriage his first one was considered fraud by the courts in WA, and his family has even told members of my family that they gave us $20,000 for the marriage which is not true. I never was given any money at all.

Last edited:
You should speak with a couple attorneys in Washington. Then decide after speaking with the attorneys.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

I need to file for a divorce or annulment and I am not sure which one is best for me. I have been abandoned by my husband who lives in WA but we married here in CA. We have only been married for less then a year and when he went to work on the fishing boat everything was fine then all of the sudden he stopped calling and his family will not tell me where he is. Then the family just sent me messages saying he never wants to see me again and he wants a divorce.

So I think they were just using me to get his green card. This is his second marriage his first one was considered fraud by the courts in WA, and his family has even told members of my family that they gave us $20,000 for the marriage which is not true. I never was given any money at all.

I do have some questions.

1. Which court determined that the first marriage was fraudulent?

2. What happened as a result?

These are VERY important questions.

And finally...

3. Did you EVER sign the I-864 affidavit of support?

The immigration court in Washington determined the first marriage was fradulent, as a result they allowed him to stay in washington because of our marriage, he recieved his green card with conditions a few weeks later. I did not sign the I-864 affidavit of support, his lawyer gave me a bunch of papers to sign but that was not one of them.

Last edited:
The immigration court in Washington determined the first marriage was fradulent,

There is no such thing as "immigration court"

There is a reason why I asked the questions.

as a result they allowed him to stay in washington because of our marriage,

No, "they" (whomever "they" may be) didn't.

he recieved his green card with conditions a few weeks later. I did not sign the I-864 affidavit of support, his lawyer gave me a bunch of papers to sign but that was not one of them.

So tell me - who sponsored his residency? If it wasn't you - who did?

Immigration Court
Executive Office for Immigration Review
1000 Second Avenue, Suite 2500
Seattle, WA 98104
This is the courts information, He was already here when we got married so his residency was sponsored probably by his family becasue they are the ones that brought him over from the PI

Okay, that's not quite what I took from your earlier posts. I still don't believe you have all of the information, but it's moot because this is obviously NOT a case where he married you to obtain a green-card.

I suggest you speak to an attorney and file for divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back