My fiancé is still paying child support even after the mother lost custody over a year ago

DIMPLEZ

Jurisdiction
Florida
He took care of it from new York but down here they still taking money from him the state has the kids ... He is from new York but was removed from here and we need help on how to stop ...he has called and they said it was removed but on his paystub still taking money for it ..... please help us .....now they want his mom to adopt the kids and we are just lost for word and need your advice...

They are his kids, no matter who may be fostering them, even the state.

Bottom line, child support must be paid.

You can get more details by talking with a local lawyer.

He took care of it from new York but down here they still taking money from him the state has the kids ... He is from new York but was removed from here and we need help on how to stop ...he has called and they said it was removed but on his paystub still taking money for it ..... please help us .....now they want his mom to adopt the kids and we are just lost for word and need your advice...

Yeah it doesn't matter who has custody. He still has to pay child support. Like my ex with his oldest. He doesn't have custody and neither does the mom. His son's stepfather has custody so whenever my ex gets off his ass and has a job, child support goes to the stepfather as long as he has custody. It's not just to the mother. It's whoever has custody of the kids. So while the kids are in foster care the money likely goes to the state or the foster parents.

Why isn't your husband trying to get custody of them? Who is "they" who wants his mom to adopt the kids? She can't just adopt them. He has to sign over his rights as does the mother - unless they were involuntarily removed.

Your husband better go talk to a lawyer.

Has his employer been presented with an order from the state to stop taking it? Because if they have not, they can't.

So, has he filed for a modification of the support order? Until there is a court order that specifies otherwise, he still owes support. It is curious at best that if the children had to be removed from the mother's home, he wasn't filing to have the children live with him. Why would/should his mother adopt the kids? They have him.

Back