My ex wife didn't tell me my child passed away

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I couldn't find a subsection for this exact query. Hope someone will be able to help or point in the right direction.

My daughter, passed away and my ex wife kept it from me. She kept telling me, she was sick and I couldn't have her that weekend. I learned of her passing, from a friend who saw her obituary. I won't get into my feelings here as I'm sure most, as I was, would be devastated. Are there any legal ramifications I could pursue against her? As in criminal!
Thank you for your time
Brandon Vanlieshout

I couldn't find a subsection for this exact query. Hope someone will be able to help or point in the right direction.

My daughter, passed away and my ex wife kept it from me. She kept telling me, she was sick and I couldn't have her that weekend. I learned of her passing, from a friend who saw her obituary. I won't get into my feelings here as I'm sure most, as I was, would be devastated. Are there any legal ramifications I could pursue against her? As in criminal!
Thank you for your time
Brandon Vanlieshout

What crime did she commit? Is it shitty that she didn't tell you? Yes, depending on the situation and what would cause her not to tell you.

I'm sorry for your devastating loss.

Are there any legal ramifications I could pursue against her? As in criminal!

How long after her death did you find out?

Did mom continue to collect child support? Were you current on child support at the time that your daughter died? If you were current on your child support at the time that your daughter died, you may have a case for fraud. Step 1: Get CS terminated. Ask for it to be retroactive. Step 2: Depending on the level of success with step 1, file a civil suit.

If it's the young woman that I suspect it is, she passed away in 2019. At what time did you find out about your daughter's passing? Recently?

I'm sorry for your devastating loss.

How long after her death did you find out?

Did mom continue to collect child support? Were you current on child support at the time that your daughter died? If you were current on your child support at the time that your daughter died, you may have a case for fraud. Step 1: Get CS terminated. Ask for it to be retroactive. Step 2: Depending on the level of success with step 1, file a civil suit.

If it's the young woman that I suspect it is, she passed away in 2019. At what time did you find out about your daughter's passing? Recently?
Thank you for your response. There was no order for support. We agreed to just take care of the 2 children we had. And no, I found out awhile ago, but she recently started harassing me and my family about us wanting to visit her gravesite.

Unfortunately, no (other than the termination of any support obligations). What Jack said.

Do you have other minor children with this woman?
Yes a son. I see him all the time. There was no order for child support because we just both agreed to take care of the kids. Which we both did. Thank you for your response.

Are there any legal ramifications I could pursue against her? As in criminal!
Thank you for your time
Brandon Vanlieshout

Please accept my sincere condolences upon the loss of your child.

The death of any young child always takes my breath away.

The child's death is even more tragic, if done at the hands of trusted adults.

If I read these news accounts correctly, there's nothing you could do now, until the criminal proceedings have concluded.

However, you can certainly keep your eyes on the criminal trials, as there might be the possibility of bringing a civil lawsuit against the male, alleged to have harmed the dear child.

If these press accounts are accurate, the child didn't "pass away".

The poor, little girl is alleged to have been murdered!!!

Her precious life was stolen at the hands of child abusers!!!

https://www.newskudo.com/indiana/ga...t-left-bruises-from-head-to-toe-officials-say

2 charged with murder in death of girl, 3, in Gary; allegedly subjected girl to horrific abuse

3-year-old Gary, Indiana girl, Xoey Glenn, died as a result of child abuse, officials say

Why would you even need to express your "wants" to your ex?

Even if you don't know what cemetery it is, you can find out easily enough by calling local cemeteries.

Or search on FindAGrave.

However, we don't know if the child was cremated and sitting in an urn at mom's.

Please accept my sincere condolences upon the loss of your child.

The death of any young child always takes my breath away.

The child's death is even more tragic, if done at the hands of trusted adults.

If I read these news accounts correctly, there's nothing you could do now, until the criminal proceedings have concluded.

However, you can certainly keep your eyes on the criminal trials, as there might be the possibility of bringing a civil lawsuit against the male, alleged to have harmed the dear child.

If these press accounts are accurate, the child didn't "pass away".

The poor, little girl is alleged to have been murdered!!!

Her precious life was stolen at the hands of child abusers!!!

https://www.newskudo.com/indiana/ga...t-left-bruises-from-head-to-toe-officials-say

2 charged with murder in death of girl, 3, in Gary; allegedly subjected girl to horrific abuse

3-year-old Gary, Indiana girl, Xoey Glenn, died as a result of child abuse, officials say

I don't think this is the OP's daughter. The OP said that mom kept telling him the child was sick after the child had passed away. In the tragic case you shared, the mother was arrested. The OP would have known about this long before his child was laid to rest.

Yes a son. I see him all the time. There was no order for child support because we just both agreed to take care of the kids. Which we both did. Thank you for your response.

Since you have another child with this woman, it would be wise to seek appropriate orders regarding custody, visitation and support. I have to wonder, though, why your son also didn't share with you that his sister had died.

Back