Mother To Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inception

I am 15 years of age and my boyfriend is 20. He is aware of my pregnancy and is 100% supportive physically, mentally, and financially. Having sex with him was not against my will. Because of his college diplomas, he qualifies for graphic designing and would be able to maintain a stable and secure job. At the moment, he is working in the Netherlands and is making more than enough income to support a child, and the two of us including all doctors visits during the pregnancy. He is not a resident of the United States (yet) and will be returning here soon. I have been home schooled for a few years now and I can attend collage next year because of the advantages it brings.
So long story short, what I need to know is if he can be taken to court because he got me pregnant. What are the chances? We made adult decisions to have sex and as of now, we're handling it responsibly by doing all we can and as much as possible about the situation.

To all of you who are going to just judge the situation, don't bother commenting. I came here for legal advice, not a reminder of the situation and it's 'downsides'. To others who answer professionally, thanks and kind regards.

Last edited:
(ignoring the tantrum-y bit at the end - honey, you don't get to choose who does or doesn't respond, k? :) )

Yes, he can be prosecuted.

You, at 15, cannot legally consent to sex. And your pregnancy is proof that intercourse took place. The chances? Nobody can really guess.

I'm curious though - is he a US citizen, too? There's a reason for my question :)

He's not a US citizen. (Although since he will be the biological father of our daughter/son, it will grant him residency.)

That's the reason for my question.

No, that will NOT grant him residency.

He cannot gain residency through his child (once paternity is proven) until the child is an adult.

If he wishes to live and work in the US legally, he'll have to find another route.

I am 15 years of age and my boyfriend is 20. He is aware of my pregnancy and is 100% supportive physically, mentally, and financially. Having sex with him was not against my will. Because of his college diplomas, he qualifies for graphic designing and would be able to maintain a stable and secure job. At the moment, he is working in the Netherlands and is making more than enough income to support a child, and the two of us including all doctors visits during the pregnancy. He is not a resident of the United States (yet) and will be returning here soon. I have been home schooled for a few years now and I can attend collage next year because of the advantages it brings.
So long story short, what I need to know is if he can be taken to court because he got me pregnant. What are the chances? We made adult decisions to have sex and as of now, we're handling it responsibly by doing all we can and as much as possible about the situation.

To all of you who are going to just judge the situation, don't bother commenting. I came here for legal advice, not a reminder of the situation and it's 'downsides'. To others who answer professionally, thanks and kind regards.

What position have your parents taken on your pregnancy?

The decision to seek criminal prosecution isn't yours to make.
Only your parent(s) or guradian(s) can make that decision.
Even then, once the state child welfare agency gets involved 9and they will), they often decide to seek criminal sanctions against adults who sexually molest children.
Furthermore, the same stands true for civil penalties against an adult who sexuallky molests (or impregantes) a child.

One last legal tidbit for you, as a child, you have no rights.
You are considered a LEGAL INCOMPETENT.
As a legal incompetent, you have no standing to appear befor ea court.
A court will never recognize you.
Therefore, any actions or rights must flow through your parent(s) or guardian(s).

I suggest you engage your parent(s) or guardian(s) in this matter, immediatley.
They are the only ones that have any say in this matter.

The Dutch guy that "impreganted" you, shouldn't come back to the USA.
Why?
He could be forever marked with the indelible stain and stigma of a "sexual offender".
As such, it coudl be impossible for him to ever reneter the US, unles it were to serve time in one of our depressing gulags!

Legally you were raped. Legally you are not able to consent to sex. Legally he will be charged with a felony, convicted and permanently deported.

i dont know what the age of consent is in ohio( here in ny its 17) but im pretty sure its not 15. so yes he can be prosecuted and deported and you will never see him again-nor will he ever see his child( if it is his because untill paternity is established, he doesnt have a child.) adults( which is what he is) dont have sex with children( which legally is what you are).

If he's smart he'll never come back to the USA again. I'm not sure if there's a statute of limitations on rape but at least not until that ends, if ever. Maybe he can send you some money from time to time and can see his kid via web cam, but that's about it. I guess when you're old enough you could take the kid to see him in the next few years.

Did you get pregnant while in the United States?

So long story short, what I need to know is if he can be taken to court because he got me pregnant. What are the chances?
HTML:
[COLOR="red"]We made adult decisions to have sex [/COLOR]
and as of now, we're handling it responsibly by doing all we can and as much as possible about the situation.

Sorry to be one of the ones not to follow your rules BUT its impossibale to make adult decisions that important when you are 15.........or heck even when your 20 for most people. Do you have someone threatning you to go to the policw about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back