More Qualified for position

Status
Not open for further replies.

veronicaed

I applied for an internal position that two other co-workers also applied for. This position is in a field that I have previously worked in. I just found out that they gave the position to one of my co-workers who has no experience in the area. She has no work experience in this area which I think the hiring was unfair. I was wondering if I filed a grievence would this hurt my chances on getting a position later or should I consult with a lawyer.

Thank you,

Neither no law was broken. Unless you can prove you were not given position because you belong to a protected class your dead in the water

There is nothing in the law that says if you have the most qualifications you have to be given the job. It may or may not have been unfair but unless there is something you've left out, no laws were violated.

I applied for an internal position that two other co-workers also applied for. This position is in a field that I have previously worked in. I just found out that they gave the position to one of my co-workers who has no experience in the area. She has no work experience in this area which I think the hiring was unfair. I was wondering if I filed a grievence would this hurt my chances on getting a position later or should I consult with a lawyer.

Thank you,

Is there a Union in play here? Thats is where you have a grievance process, if so contact the steward and file.

Lesson for next time. Rarely is the most technically qualified person promoted. Typically, there are 3 or 4 of those. So it boils down to personal preference. You may see a coworker as a lazy time waster for wandering around gossiping with other workers. You boss may see the same coworker as someone that networks, is well liked, and would be a good supervisor. Besides, someone has to actually do the work, which you are doing. So the boss wants to keep you where you are. After all, the lazy coworker would never do the actual work. So, kissing up to you boss works. You don't even have to kiss up to him, but you should make a point to chat with him a few minutes as often as possible; daily is best, like show up early and chat with the boss every morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back