Mental Health Thread #6 - Post your "news" here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our weather has been colder than usual for this time of year (down into the teens at night) but it's been clear for about a week and is supposed to be for the rest of this week also, before we start getting some snow, and then rain.

Even as cold as it's been, I can tell spring is on the way...the daylight is lasting longer and longer every day. Last evening it was still light at almost 6 p.m. Yay!

Anyone know if there's a twelve step program for married middle-aged women suffering from a violent fangirl crush on actor David Tennant? There we go; the first step is admitting you have a problem.

Don't suffer from it Betty. Enjoy it!

Best dressed at the Oscars? Pink in red.

I didn't watch the Oscars because it would have interfered with watching The Walking Dead - one of my own personal t.v. addictions - but I saw pictures of Pink and thought she looked fabulous in that red dress.

80+ degrees on Sat. then sleet, freezing rain 13 degrees Sun. night. I wish Mother Nature would quit messing with the earths thermostat. Adding insult to injury, it was cold enough that the plastic knob that turns the heater on in my car broke off. I now need a pair of pliers to avoid frost bite.

Similar weather around here. Had a snow day yesterday though the storm ended up being far less than anticipated. It rained first, then froze. There is a thick sheet of ice over everything. So done with winter.

Another phenomena I hadn't seen before is Thunder-sleet/snow. But have had one form of another a couple of times this winter. Am still waiting for an icenado or a blizicane.

The year we had thunder snow, it was really, really deep!

We had thundersnow during the Blizzard of 93. It was cool sitting up on top of that mountain watching the lightening flash and the thunder roll. :)

I'd never even heard of thunder snow until my sister who lives in Texas told me they'd had it. We don't very often have the kind of conditions that produce thunderstorms here at all, though. I assume thunder snow is a pretty unusual weather condition?

I'd never even heard of thunder snow until my sister who lives in Texas told me they'd had it. We don't very often have the kind of conditions that produce thunderstorms here at all, though. I assume thunder snow is a pretty unusual weather condition?

I think it is.
National Geo has an article about it here.

We run a motor vehicle report which is called a Telex, but we've gotten into the habit of calling it a Twix. The new employee was trying to figure out why the salespeople were alway coming in the office asking for candy.

LOL, txls. Not exactly the same but when I was underwriting life ins. applications, we would always use abbreviations for medical conditions as would doctors on the reports they sent us. Every time I would type or see MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse), my mind couldn't help but think of baseball & Most Valuable Player since I am such a baseball/Cardinal fan. :)

When we say F & I (for finance and insurance) it kind of sounds like cussing. We use so many acronyms that we wrote a poem about it for a birthday card one time. I think it was like 20 stanzas.

One of the debate leagues is NFL. Footballl is not involved. When I hear those 3 letters, sports is the furthest thing from my mind.

I've worked in the medical/pharmaceutical field, the computer/networking field and out in left field (I have goats). Acronyms are of the devil. :dgrin

Our computer functions are mostly acronyms like CHK to write a check, SCH to run a schedule. There's another vendor that uses numbers. I really prefer my acronyms over trying to remember 62901 to write a check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back