Mental Health Thread #5 - It's a New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, they always did me too - I think just about everyone felt that way. We have actually had people fall asleep in them. (luckily not me).

Oh, they always did me too - I think just about everyone felt that way. We have actually had people fall asleep in them. (luckily not me).

Yeah, we've had people fall asleep during these meetings before, particularly if the room is too warm or after lunch. Luckily I never have, and nobody has ever fallen asleep when I've been giving a presentation, so that's a plus, anyhow!

I'm about to lose the 3rd employee (out of 5) for no fault of ours. 1-Husband got bettter job in another town 2-Boyfriend in another town 3- Mom is sick and can't keep baby so staying home to take care of both.

We had a really good run where I had all long-term employees. This sucks.

SPHR exam for poster on other forum today from what she posted previously unless she decided not to take it this time around. I know she was really worried.

Loving being the messenger for the new dental insurance. They won't enroll the owner's kid without proof of student status. I told him I need his class schedule. First owner gives me his credit card bill with the payment to the university. I knew that wouldn't fly. Next he gives me the kid's fall schedule. They won't take that either-has to be spring. Even tried emailing the kid directly and he can't be bothered to answer. So now have to go back to the owner for the 3rd time to get this damn thing, and each time it seems to be my personal fault that he and his son can't follow directions.

My inner cynic and voice of experience tell me that the kid probably dropped out. Ran into that more than a few times.

No Miss new employee, you do not need an entire day off work for a Dr appt and to change over your driver's license. The license bureau opens at 8 and you come to work a 9. They're also open through lunch. Ta da!

Okay, so here's one time I can chime in with a sports comment: yay, Seahawks! I don't normally follow football but because we are fairly close to Seattle (600-some miles by air) they are the closest thing to a "local" team we have, so I actually watched the Super Bowl yesterday (the whole game, not just the ads like I usually do).

We went to the party for the food and the company planning to stay for maybe an hour. My Dh got caught up in the game and we stayed till the end. But it was okay because I got to play with my great-niece.

Barely watched any of the SB or commercials this year. It was a very non-sporty SB party at my parents' house. I think I would have rather watched football. On the upside, the food was good.

And we found out that the grandson CAN behave very nicely for a solid 4 hours. Apparently with us he just chooses not to.

I was delighted with the results of the Superbowl. No, I am not much of a football fan and I have no particular allegiance to the Seahawks. But, living in Brady country, I enjoy seeing Peyton Manning lose.

Y'all know I don't understand sports rivalries. Or sports in general. But I was kind of excited to see the Olympics start this week. I will watch sports every 2 years.

I usually watch sports in the Olympics that normally I wouldn't. Sorry kids, no Disney channel this week.

I was delighted with the results of the Superbowl. No, I am not much of a football fan and I have no particular allegiance to the Seahawks. But, living in Brady country, I enjoy seeing Peyton Manning lose.

Did you see the internet meme that started going around during the game of Manning on the phone with the caption "Mom? Can you come get me?" or "Hello Beyonce? We need a blackout!" My DIL found those during the last half of the game and we were rolling on the floor laughing. At one point somebody in the room said they kinda felt sorry for Denver because they were getting beaten so badly, but then we all looked at each other and said "Nah, not really!"

A friend of mine (who may or my not be on this site) was providing commentary on FB for the commercials. Hilarious, even if I didn't watch the game. Most of the sports related memes and posts are probably losts funnier if you know football. Or at least something about the teams which are playing. I did laugh at the one that was labelled Broncos highlights which was just a blank screen.

(she's not on this site)

Cynthia, I saw the first one but not the second one. I also saw it captioned as, "Hey, Tom? What should I do?"

Saw that one but it does not feel like it has been 20 years since that happened. OJ that is. Not a clue about the football team. Funny as it may be and awful as the game was (so I've heard), I don't get all the bashing of the losing team. They still managed to do better this year than all but one other team. Have I mentioned I don't "get" sports.

I haven't posted on the forum for several days. Hard time for me right now. My wonderful somewhat "mentally challenged" brother who I went to all the St. Louis Cards games with passed away Fri. 1-31. (Heart attack here at home) He was my best friend, my buddy, my pal & I'm going to miss him so much. We lived together all our lives. Since I'm the youngest, that is almost 72 years. It's just me & the dog, Snickers, now. On top of that I have had a cough lingering on for over 2 weeks & it's taking a toll on me. I feel so weak - I guess from coughing so much. I'm kind of lost right now. I'll probably stay off the forum for a while longer but will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back