Mental Health Thread #2 - Spring Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-4 more inches expected tonight. If that Penguin doesn't get out of town soon he's going to be one sorry flightless waterfowl. How does a one way trip to Argentina sound?

I am very tired of snow. I said to our HRIS manager yesterday, "Paul, it's snowing again. I don't like it. You're our fix-it guy; make it stop."

He replied, "I don't think we can do that in PeopleSoft."

It's not spring here either - well, outside that is. My calendar told me it would be spring yesterday. We had snow yesterday though just flurries.

I haven't seen 'ol "Aptenodytes forsteri" since I posted my favorite recipie for Texas BBQ Penguin out by the grill. Sixty degrees here.

60 - lucky -- I would take that.

80's here starting on spring yard work and such already. Had to do my spring closet cleaning last weekend when two teenage girls moved in with me.

I changed my mind. I will take your 80s. I don't want it too hot though.

30's here, 20's at night. Not. Happy. That stupid rodent in PA lied. I live South of the Mason Dixon for a reason.

Cathie, if someone hasn't heard of your employer, I would disqualify them based on that alone. It is clear they have been living under a rock.

My previous employer used to use a name which was a total misnomer. Basically, the organization had changed and evolved over the 50+ years of its existence and the name hadn't. Evetually we changed it to the initials of the old company name "International". Add to that it was an unusual industry and we got all kinds of random phone calls and applicants. I must say, a few were quite amusing. Even scarier were those who knew what we did, had zero experience and applied anyway. That job pretty much cured me of wanting to stay in the recruiting field.

What happened to spring!! The St. Louis area is predicted to get 6 inches of snow tomorrow, counties just to the north more & counties just to the south less. They keep changing the amount - will have to wait & see. :(

I wouldn't be surprised this year if some places that don't normally have snow on Easter might get it this year. Easter is early this year also.

I wouldn't be surprised. But I do hope, fervently, that this is not one of those places.

They have now changed our snow amt. from 6 inches to 6-10 inches unless we get thunder snow (thunder during the snow), then we might get a foot or more. I guess I will be staying in tomorrow. :(

Thanks, cbg. It's snowing now & thundering on occasion. Snickers (our dog) stayed out about 5 min. & then wanted back in. Arrrggh!!! Has all your snow melted yet?

We had snow on Easter about 5 years ago. My brother and his boys arrived for a visit in shorts and flip flops.
I got a little sunburn Saturday, then we froze our buns yesterday.

We set a record snowfall for March with the snow we got yesterday.

I mowed my beautiful green lawn at 8am this morning while wearing shorts.
There ate still some things to love about California.

Stopped by Legal Workplace to see if it was still there and people are still posting. The poster "Peggysue" which I'm sure you recognize is still posting and no one is answering. I tried to sign on to tell her about this board and couldn't. Wonder how much longer its going to be ther?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back