Mental Health Thread #2 - Spring Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty3

I'll start a new mental health thread as we generally do after the current one gets over so many posts/replies. We have over 250+.

Spring Forward 3-10 2am
St. Patrick's Day 3-17
Spring starts 3-20
& soon after Baseball starts!

What a wonderful time of the year! :)

I just had a memory of digging out from under a huge snowstorm a few years ago, with our neighbor across the street doing the same thing and whistling happily. When he finished his driveway, he came over to help us with ours with the announcement, "Opening Day's coming!"

March is kind of a "strange" month. You never know what you might get - you can get pretty cold weather & snow and also some really spring like days.

Cardinals start their season on the road this year. cbg, do the Red Sox start at home or on the road?

We start on the road. We almost always do because we're so far north. There is a tendency to schedule northern teams away at first because of the possibility of bad weather. Though this year that doesn't make much sense because we play the Yankees and the Blue Jays before the home opener.

I would hate to be the person who has to schedule all the teams.

I think it would get very confusing to schedule all the teams in the American League & all the teams in the National League - when they play & who they play & at what time they play - they probably use a computer to help. :)

Oh, I'm sure they do. Especially now that the Am League and Nat League will be playing each other more often

Was off, or at least out of the office for a week as I was sick. Still recovering but it is going to take me forever to get caught up. Would help if my copmputer would not inexplicably keep locking me out. My Tech guru suggested a Louisville Slugger to straighten it out. I had suggested a young priest and an old priest.

March is kind of a "strange" month. You never know what you might get - you can get pretty cold weather & snow and also some really spring like days.

Most of last week was beautiful and it felt like spring, with temps in the high 40's. The crocuses are blooming and other flowers are starting to peek out and I had such high hopes that we'd just smoothly transition right into spring. Today we woke up to snow on the ground and the forecast says it's supposed to drop down into the mid 20's every night this week and possibly snow every day.

I just love Mondays. 2 out of 4 staff out sick. Another dept has several new people who don't know what they're doing, but instead of asking, they play guessing games. Bye, bye now I've got to go clean up their mess. I love Mondays.

Since I'm retired, I really do love Mondays. :)

I guess I'm rubbing it in again but I retired at 55. :)

I do not even have a real job, and I hate Mondays :p

<--- Grumpy Pro is grumpy.

I can't wait for football season to start up again. I'm going nuts here!

I guess I'm rubbing it in again but I retired at 55. :)

Oh, now, that's just salt in the wound! :p

I think the most notable thing I did at 55 was getting my first (and so far only) tattoo. Oh, yeah, we adopted our dog that year also.

Hey, adopting a dog & getting a tattoo is right up there with retiring. (or maybe not) :)

I'm closer to 56 than 55 right now and it's going to be 15 years before I can retire.

I don't necessarily want to RETIRE retire at 55, but I'm trying to save enough that by then I can downgrade to something less responsibility, maybe even part time and/or non-profit.

Among other things, my partner is 17 years older, so if we want some good years/time to travel together, I need to be out of my current job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back