Living in Costa Rica husband has asked me to leave and go back to Colorado.

CostaRica

I can't find this information on the website. I'm am currently in Costa Rica with my husband and two children. My husband has asked me to leave and go back to Colorado. He is considering a divorce. He has left our rental and is currently staying in another town in Costa Rica. Can I leave with the children and still be able to get child support and or other support? I have other questions regarding child custody. I am a stay at home mom that teaches home school to our children so I don't have any of my own money.

I would like to speak with someone regarding my questions soon.

Thank you,

You might get some comments, but do not expect to 'speak' with someone about your problems unless you contact an attorney.

I can't find this information on the website. I'm am currently in Costa Rica with my husband and two children. My husband has asked me to leave and go back to Colorado. He is considering a divorce. He has left our rental and is currently staying in another town in Costa Rica. Can I leave with the children and still be able to get child support and or other support? I have other questions regarding child custody. I am a stay at home mom that teaches home school to our children so I don't have any of my own money.

I would like to speak with someone regarding my questions soon.

Thank you,

You might be allowed to leave Costa Rica with your children, after all, you were allowed to leave somewhere to get to Costa Rica with your children.

Child support can be collected internationally, but its a daunting task, and most people who attempt end up being disappointed.

Heck, collecting child support is a daunting task even from someone living in the same country.

I suggest you try to return to your home country, and talk to a lawyer when you arrive.

Back