Jail time for child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

momoft

My boyfriend was sentenced to 6 months in jail for non payment. What can i do to get him out, Can i pay half of the arrears or all to get him out? Can he do weekends in jail i really need to know Ty

My boyfriend was sentenced to 6 months in jail for non payment. What can i do to get him out, Can i pay half of the arrears or all to get him out? Can he do weekends in jail i really need to know Ty

If a Purge was ordered than Yes. Pay the purge and he will get out. But I think you would be an idiot to pay for a man that can;'t be bothered to support his children.

Dear, in 2 years it will be you with his child putting him in jail for not paying child support to you.

More than likely, he'll have to pay all of the arrearage to be released. Sometimes, an attorney can negotiate an arrangement that allows for a payment plan.

And, if he is released and falls behind again, he'll end up back in jail! If that happens, he won't get out as easy as he did the first time. In fact, some people that fail to keep their word, often spend significant time behind bars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is putting you down dear. We are telling you the truth whether you want to hear it or not. Leave him there. If he wont pay her he wont pay you. You don't owe his child support and you shouldn't pay it. Take care of your baby; that's a good answer. Though i doubt you want to hear that either.

Don't come looking for free advice and then tell us what we can say. No one is putting you down. We are just trying to help you after having seen dozens more like you; we know what's up. Good luck.

Did he already have his hearing and was sentenced? I've seen a similar stituation and they were able to pay half and get him out. If you came up with all then you might have the best chance. I've seen people go to jail and come out and stay up to date with their payments from then on and others who play a constent game of in and out of jail for it. Also if you know who his support officer or can find out from your BF maybe you can call them and let them know you're going to come up with the money and how much they want. They are right though, sorry, you are taking a risk. I know times are hard but if he doesn't pay his support they mean business! And it isn't your support to pay either. Maybe give him a shot if you're really sure that he's learned his lesson. If he doesn't pay it again....you might want to reconsider. good luck hun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back