It's unfair hiring, but is it illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monoprint

I am a nurse and applied for an internally listed research nurse position. Required qualifications listed were RN license. Preferred qualifications listed were BSN degree and clinical research experience or certification. I am and RN and I have a BSN and the appropriate certification in clinical research. I was called for an interview and was told how impressive my resume and qualifications were and that a decision was to be made by the end of the week. I was the only candidate with both the preferred qualifications as well as the required qualification. After the interview, one of the interviewers walked me to my car and said how great I had done and also how highly the physicians associated with the research projects spoke of me.

At the end of the week, I received a call saying there were a couple more applicants applied (even though the position was no longer posted). A week later the position was given to an LPN (licensed practical nurse, which is a lesser credential than and RN and does not meet the minimum listed qualification). During the week of my interview, the hospital announced a decision to lay off its 5 remaining LPNs in an effort to cut costs. Due to internal backlash, they were trying to find other places within the organization for them, but few nursing home jobs were available, so it looks like one of them got this job.

My question is since the person they hired does not meet the minimum stated qualifications or have any of the other listed desired qualifications, do I have a legitimate grievance? Also, they were allowed to apply after the position had been closed.

People don't need to justify why they hire anyone.

I don't see anything you can grieve.

I surely see no legal basis for a suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back