Is it possible to get alimony from my wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfriended

I have been married for 4 years and have been with my wife for 9 years. I found out my wife was cheating on me, but I have been trying to work things out and thought things were fine. I have recently found out though that my wife just put a deposit on an apartment and is planning on leaving me and filing for a divorce.

In the years we have been together, we have always had seperate accounts and would pay bills half and half. The last 2 years though I have been unemployed and she has paid for everything.

Am I eligible for any type of alimony?

As well, how do I stop her from "stealing" household items I had before married and things we bought together?

Sure you can file for divorce and ask for alimony. No guarantee you'll get it but you can ask.

Sure you can file for divorce and ask for alimony. No guarantee you'll get it but you can ask.

I just wonder what the chances are for that. As well, I asked about how to stop her from taking all my belongings I had before marraige.

If this were me- and My husband were moving out I would make 100% sure I was there when he was moving -- so I could make sure my stuff stayed put. Or take all my stuff and put it in a locked room so he cant get it. Then after he is gone I would change my locks.

If she takes your stuff, when you go to court or mediation for the divorce- ask for that stuff back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back