Immediate Protection Order Expired

1TCB

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I signed an Immediate Protection Agreement with DCS one month ago, it expired yesterday. My partner of 2 yrs and only father my son has known was accused of abusing him. My 6yr old son has since said it never occurred. My son has remained with me but, we had to move out of our home and he had to change schools.The DCS worker said she will make arrangements to resign the agreement when it is convenient. My question is: does allowing the original agreement to expire make it null and void and are they allowed to force me to sign another one in same issue?

I signed an Immediate Protection Agreement with DCS one month ago, it expired yesterday. My partner of 2 yrs and only father my son has known was accused of abusing him. My 6yr old son has since said it never occurred. My son has remained with me but, we had to move out of our home and he had to change schools.The DCS worker said she will make arrangements to resign the agreement when it is convenient. My question is: does allowing the original agreement to expire make it null and void and are they allowed to force me to sign another one in same issue?

When you inquired of DCS what were you told?

Oh, you haven't asked anyone at DCS?

I suggest you do so, ASAP, before your child gets hurt again.

A six year old child often says what he or she thinks we, as parents, want to hear. Children, especially young children, live to make their parents, protectors, and providers happy.

I wish you well, mom.

I do not want to sign another agreement. There is no proof anything occurred and my son is adamantly, on his own accord, that he told a fib because he was angry. I am seeking a professional child counselor to determine, hopefully, what happened.

I have asked DCS- no response yet. I never even received a copy of the first order- was told by caseworker that I need to take her word for it.

I do not want to sign another agreement. There is no proof anything occurred and my son is adamantly, on his own accord, that he told a fib because he was angry. I am seeking a professional child counselor to determine, hopefully, what happened.

I'm a nobody.
Don't waste your time trying to convince me your child lied.
I have no dog in your fight.
I suggest you save your potential defenses for those state, child protection workers.
Again, good luck.

Oh my- I thought I was consulting an attorney

I'm an attorney, licensed in several states, including TN.

I'm not your attorney.
This site doesn't give legal advice, per se.
We discuss legal issues.
We expose options, offer choices.
Like that news stations says, we discuss, you decide.

Dispensing anonymous legal advice by the Internet isn't legalized across the US.

I try to carefully dispense useful legal information without crossing the advice line.

Again, beware moving too quickly to get back to where you wish to be, without making sure DCS approves.

To do so could make you a target of DCS' wrath.

If the 6 year old made an allegation, you better believe CPS isn't going to just drop it because the kid later recanted. Do you have any idea how many abused children are told to lie about the abuse? It might not be 100%, but it is darn close. Even in cases where the initial allegation is false, it is not even a little bit uncommon to find the child had been abused in other ways. Want to bet how many abusers want to comply with an investigation and fully cooperate? Darn near zero. They claim it is a mistake, the kid lied, the process takes too long, it is inconvenient for them, etc. Keep behaving how an abuser would in an investigation and don't be surprised when that is how you are treated.

Back