I was assaulted at work, then threatened by my manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre0609

I am a 48 yr. old female. Last night I was assaulted by a male employee. To make a long story short, he said very vulgar things to me and then slapped me. I went directly to the shift manager and he basically told me not to make him choose between myself and an employee who had been there 12 years. He also said that he would hear no more about it and this would be our last conversation about it, threatening to fire me. I am going back into work tonight, and am scared. I am scared that this guy is going to meet me in the parking lot and retaliate. I filed a police report first thing this morning, and they said they would arrest him on assault charges. Do I need to hire a lawyer? I really fear for my safety especially if they don't fire this guy.

No, you do not need to hire a Lawyer. Have the man arrested and then if he gets out, have a restraining order already on him.

I don't know where you work, but, if you have a corporate office, file a complaint! If you do not show up for work, and they fire you, then seek an Attorney.

I wish you ALL the luck and be SAFE!

No, you do not need to hire a Lawyer. Have the man arrested and then if he gets out, have a restraining order already on him.

I don't know where you work, but, if you have a corporate office, file a complaint! If you do not show up for work, and they fire you, then seek an Attorney.

I wish you ALL the luck and be SAFE!

Show up for work,also it is not unheard of to hire a lawyer if your a victim of a crime, especially with circumstances related to work as the poster outlined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back