i want to move out

Status
Not open for further replies.
so there is no way i can move out to my uncles even tho my mom hasn't huged me in 6 years hasn't touched me in 6 years and has to change her clothes every 5 second and doesn't let me near her
That's sad, but not generally sufficient for emancipation.

And, according to the state legislature website, the state has no statute covering emancipation. It says the only way to do it is to get legally married (with parental consent) or via parental consent.

- Carl

ok well i have a question what does it actually take to get a legal guardian change
It would require that you convince a court to revoke the rights of your parents. That generally requires that they have committed a crime against you or that there is such severe neglect or abuse occurring in the home that you are in danger of harm.

- Carl

Both. If both parents agree to give up their rights, then so be it. I have almost never seen that, but I suppose if you have two parents who really hate having you around it'll happen.

I have to ask ... is there a boy involved in this decision process anywhere? Usually, that's the catalyst for these decisions.

- Carl

like a boyfriend no my mother just blams me for everything because my cousins gave me lice 6 years ago and she's never forgiven me for that is when it all stated

That is not a sufficient reason for either emancipation or for a change of guardianship.

The law says parents get to make the decision about where kids live until they're 18. Huggy, cozy parents have the same decision-making rights as cold parents who think you have cooties. Weird huh?

Since everyone needs love and guidance as a teen, why not go drum some up for yourself? Is there a parent of a friend that you're close to that might "adopt" you every Saturday? Is your uncle close enough to visit a lot? Is there a Big Brothers Big Sisters group in your town? A theater group? A youth group at church?

Surround yourself with people that love you (and preferrably hug - a LOT) and soon mom's issues won't seem so looming. When you're a bit older, it will probably be easier to see that there really might be something seriously wrong with her. I hope she's getting help and I hope that you realize what power you have over the choices you DO get to make about your life. Let it be fantastic and full of warm friendly people you pick to be a part of it!

thanxs alot but yea my uncle live close i amout there every night i can i have been living there for almost a week then my parents made me come home :(

To do it legally, that's pretty much it. The law just doesn't let YOU (the child) decide where you want to live.

- Carl

how i'm i suppose to do get love from other people if i can't go out
I suppose it depends on what kind of "love" you're looking for.

I suppose you can ask about going to visit family or friends, but if they feel that you are going to disappear for days, then don't be surprised if they say, "No."

When you were at your uncle's were you going to school? School is a requirement, too.

- Carl

ok so if they say i can move out does that mean i have to change legal guardian
Or, they just give permission for you to stay with a friend or family member. It's not that complicated if they agree to it.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back