i want to move out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxybtch9024

hi i'm 16 and i have a controlling mother that hasn't huged me in 6 years and i'm sick of not having a mother there for me she has issues. i want to know is there any way i could live with another family member such as an uncle and how would i do that

You can move out on the earlier of the day that you turn 18 or that your mother gives you permission to move out. Not before.

The family would have to petition for guardianship but if your mother doesn't agree, it isn't going to happen.

Yes. You cant just go to court and change guardianship. Now an exception woud be in cases of abuse etc. However that will likely result in you going to Foster care.

What state are you in? Emancipation is not possible in some states.

If your only argument is that you do not get along with your folks, the judge is going to say, "Welcome to the teen years," and deny your petition.

Again, we come back to parental consent. If both parents do not agree, it ain't gonna happen in these circumstances.

- Carl

That depends answer these

Are you working?
How much do you make?
Where will you live?
What state do you live in?
What is your plan for self support?
Theres more but this is good start

I can save myself the trouble of googling statute. Answer my questions. While your at it I dont get along with Mom is not grounds for emancipation. Emancipation is for minors who need it not want it

i live in mn and my mother has issues that make me depressed at home
That's not going to cut it.

If you are being abused or neglected, you will need to contact child services or have someone do it for you. If you simply don't get along with your parents, join the millions of other teens in your same boat - I have a son who can feel your pain, too.

- Carl

so there is no way i can move out to my uncles even tho my mom hasn't huged me in 6 years hasn't touched me in 6 years and has to change her clothes every 5 second and doesn't let me near her

You were already given that answer. I agree its awful she doesnt show you she cares but its not illegal or even abusive. Find a counselor or therapist you can discuss this with and perhaps get family councling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back