I think I have a lawsuit, What do you think??-***UPDATE**

Status
Not open for further replies.

demarcorichie

Settle or File Suit???

RECAP**About 3 months ago I applied for a job in grocery store in California. While filling out the application it said not to disclose any marijuana convictions more than 2 years old, which I did have from 2004. I did not disclose the conviction based on the application instructions. Aswell it is a California law that employers can not inquire about Marijuana convictions more than 2 year old, which i found out later. So approx. 3 weeks later I was told that I was not going to be hired because I did not disclose this Marijuana conviction, It was actually stated that " You attempted to decieve the company by not disclosing the Marijuana conviction, so we can not consider you for employment" To me this seems like some violation of the Labor Law or something... WHAT DO YOU THINK?
UPDATE- Since posting this thread the company who denied me employment has contacted me and admitted to wrong doing on their part. They want to come to some type of resolution. Should I take legal action or accept any type of compensation that they offer? Which option do you think will be most beneficial?

Last edited:
Still waiting on a reply for this post from last week. I guess know one has any good advice to give me since the first time I was told that I didnt have a case, when I know I did. Anyway THANKS ALOT. I'll let everyone know the outcome when everything is done.

Whether you have a claim to any damages for their bogus reason for not hiring you is still up in the air, but the fact that they have admitted some sort of fault is a good start.

As far as what to do now, it doesn't hurt to listen to their offer.

What did your employment attorney say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back