I need help

Bobby33

My wife abandoned me; she left while I was sleep.when she left she left in her car and took her stuff. 3 days later she came back while I was engaged in a nap and took my car while she park her car about the distance of maybe a quarter mile away from my house. My car does not have insurance on it cause I am currently unemployed so I don't even drive it. I've ask her from time and time again to give me my car back and take her car back cause she will eventually wind up getting the car towed cause she is driving it with no insurance with my kids.she is also unemployed at the time and cannot maintain the car. If I took her for a civil suit will I win.

My wife abandoned me; she left while I was sleep.when she left she left in her car and took her stuff. 3 days later she came back while I was engaged in a nap and took my car while she park her car about the distance of maybe a quarter mile away from my house. My car does not have insurance on it cause I am currently unemployed so I don't even drive it. I've ask her from time and time again to give me my car back and take her car back cause she will eventually wind up getting the car towed cause she is driving it with no insurance with my kids.she is also unemployed at the time and cannot maintain the car. If I took her for a civil suit will I win.

You can contact the police, tell them your story, ask if the criminal law can do anything.
It MIGHT help you, if she gets involved in accident.
The fact that she is riving your car without insurance (absent your permission) and your kids appear to be at risk, maybe the police might be able to help.

Now what if her name is on my title as and;or but is not on my insurance

You have no insurance, according to your original post.

The issue is that the car is uninsured.

The police could say, sorry, nothing we can do.

The police may say, thanks for the call, we'll see what we can do.

You'll never know until you try.

One more option for you, OP.
You could go find the car, you own it too, and take it back, quietly.
Then you drive it to friend's garage, and hide it in the locked garage.
Or, you drive it your house and remove the battery, the alternator, the spark plug wires, or disable the car so it can't be driven until you can obtain insurance.

I have no idea where exactlly the car is but I do know the city but that doesn't help me because the city is huge . I called the police in the city I know she's in and I was told there was nothing they can do cause it wasn't the city she took it from

Have you filed for divorce, yet? You can always ask for the car she has taken possession of as part of any settlement offer. If you have NOT filed for divorce, yet, why not?

Without divorce papers and custody & visitation orders, the two of you are in legal limbo - as are the kids.

Back