I know it was not to smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbrown

So I had been working for my company for close to eight years. Needless to say for more then a year I was telling my district manager that something was way off about our cigarette counts. I was ignored. So I then get a visit for a deep dive........which is basically them looking for dirt. So the next day comes the l.p. visit. He then tells me I will be going to jail. So because I have never been in this situation and dealing with cancer and scared out of my mind. I agreed with whatever he said. As he was throwing big going to jail words at me every two seconds. He then told me what to write and I signed a civil demand. Mind you I did nothing. I mean this 100%. I did as told was fired and went home. I was shocked. Well, I am now on some list. Which is keeping me from getting work. Well, not working well with my health issues. I signed everything in fear. I can not go to jail...I have chemo and appointments and want to live. He tells me he has proof and blah. So my question is.........Is this going to affect me in any job I look for? I did nothing and now I am in some database. I was shocked when the company I applied for told me this. Now I have three possible jobs lined up and going into my final interviews. Is it pointless? Should I not go since this may be the outcome with all three? How do I know what jobs I can get if you have no clue you are on these databases? Please help............and thank you.

I work as a retail theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. The worst thing you can do is sign anything! You admitted to a theft you did not commit. Any call to your former employer can reveal that. I am unsure what "list" you refer to. If its a retail theft database they are currently not reporting anything after The Esteem Database was sued for unfair credit reporting practices.

So I had been working for my company for close to eight years. Needless to say for more then a year I was telling my district manager that something was way off about our cigarette counts. I was ignored. So I then get a visit for a deep dive........which is basically them looking for dirt. So the next day comes the l.p. visit. He then tells me I will be going to jail. So because I have never been in this situation and dealing with cancer and scared out of my mind. I agreed with whatever he said. As he was throwing big going to jail words at me every two seconds. He then told me what to write and I signed a civil demand. Mind you I did nothing. I mean this 100%. I did as told was fired and went home. I was shocked. Well, I am now on some list. Which is keeping me from getting work. Well, not working well with my health issues. I signed everything in fear. I can not go to jail...I have chemo and appointments and want to live. He tells me he has proof and blah. So my question is.........Is this going to affect me in any job I look for? I did nothing and now I am in some database. I was shocked when the company I applied for told me this. Now I have three possible jobs lined up and going into my final interviews. Is it pointless? Should I not go since this may be the outcome with all three? How do I know what jobs I can get if you have no clue you are on these databases? Please help............and thank you.

First of all, focus on your health challenges.
But, we all have to eat.
I'd follow up on the three remaining interviews.
I'll bet one or two of them offer you a job.
If they all net the same, "no thanks", that might indicate what you think.
I'd also apply for unemployment, just in case.
Never allow anyone to bully you into admitting you did something you didn't do.

Too late now, but if it ends as you suspect, you know what to do if it ever happens again.
Hang on, your miracle is but a breath away.

Lastly, if you appear in court, plead not guilty, request a public defender.
Admit to NOTHING, meet with your lawyer, explain it all to him or her.
Then, follow your lawyer's advice.
It's not over, because juries know that some cops and security personnel do bully some people.
However, I'm thinking your case won't even get to court.
So, I recommend again, fight that cancer, because if you don't, nothing else will matter.

Yes..........I have multiple friends who told me my previous employer reports to the NRMA. I did not know that the Esteem Database was no longer in use. But there are plenty more out there. I just want to work and not sit around feeling sorry for myself. I don't agree with such websites. Since I am sure there are a lot more people who did not do the crime. But out of fear said they did. I do appreciate your help. So none of them are reporting or simply that one is not?

My sources are telling me that most (if not all) the retail theft databases are currently NOT reporting and info (they may still be collecting but unsure) until their legal teams find a way for them to continue without fear of legal action. If your biggest concern is the database that's a nonissue at present time.

It is my main concern. It is like a scarlet letter in retail. I hope it takes another couple of months.......it seems to take forever to get in somewhere. I do thank you for the info. It does take a lot of stress off of me. Just trying to work and make the days pass by faster. Thank you again shrinkmaster.

Depending on how things end your name may never appear in database. However if it does and your employer (at time) runs your name you can be fired on the spot

However; remember even if you are not reported to a database, your former employer can tell a prospective employer the reason you were terminated if they are called for a reference.

Actually got a job offer today. Did my drug test now just waiting for the background check. So I guess I will find out what happens. I hope this does not keep me from getting the job. It is in my top two. But I truly thank you for all of your help everyone.

Actually got a job offer today. Did my drug test now just waiting for the background check. So I guess I will find out what happens. I hope this does not keep me from getting the job. It is in my top two. But I truly thank you for all of your help everyone.

I wish you all the best, madam.
Most importantly, I wish you a full recovery and healing.
You can't succeed unless you try.
You can't win the game if you don't participate and play.
We've all made mistakes, the thing to remember is not to repeat them.
Use your mistakes to better yourself, learn from them, do better the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back