HR Coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consultant07

I was recruited into the company (Reputation, highly sought) 3 months after hired, I noticed major concerns (disparate treatment of coordinators) and requested a transfer before eligible. I received approval, and was told transfers had been submitted. (13-submitted - 0 responses)

A few months later, I also discovered that my primary duties, in which I was hired for, appeared to be a violation/compliance issue. When it was brought to HR's attention by the compliance officer, my job assignment was changed, with the more prestigious duty taken away.

The remaining duty however was still a violation policy and Georgia state law, and company policy: (Non clinical staff cannot be assigned nursing task - making clinical judgments to admit appropriate patients to facility).

After refusing to reassign me, the company tried to cover it up, and I reported it to the state (whistlblowing).

I then found myself targeted by HR & Administration
Job duties were changed daily
Went from flex schedule to reporting one hour earlier
Tedious assignment were assigned daily
Concerns that I was to report to management were ignored.
Reassigned to 4 managers in 2 months
Accolades from MD's Clients and colleagues went ignored
Check errors
No 30, 90 or annual evaluation

Assigned to a new untrained manager, who happen to be the same race as I was, who everyday was inconsistent with expectations, even after I requested she write them out for me. Which she refused to do.

Despite failed attempts to establish non-compliance, was allowed by HR to use incidents/claims to terminate.

It was only 30 days after, despite Excellent performance and work history, (Measurable reports - best in 5 years), I was fired, yet a corporate investigation into retaliation and discrimination was Pending.

HR was told this and simply concluded, it's just not working out"

My colleague who is a nurse, was not measured by these rules, and was found to be paid a higher salary although I had more experience in the field and a higher degree. (Licensure was not required in job description).
My colleague was also of a different race. Whereas I was the first person in my race to hold the position.

Case is in EEOC to date: Other more blatant issues have occurred in my initial posting as the company is till retalliating, yet I am no longer with them.

Here in GA (employer friendly state) attorneys steer away from these cases for they are time consuming and lead to going to trial. Because this is the second time I have experienced this since moving to the south, I was wondering (If able to prove prime facia):

1- Can I represent myself in a civil suit against
a) the employer
b) the individual participants

2- Can HR be held liable?
a) found to have altered documents/employee file.
b) Forged a manager's signature

(Employer now appealing DOL UE) and submitted form with altered signature)
Can I request they submit the original?

The validity of the disciplinary forms are not a concern, for even if they had occurred, 8 months had passed between this new managers supposed verbal warnings, and training was available company wide, which my manager refuse to sign me up for, she only assigned my colleague).

However to establish deliberate and malicious intent, and for their inability to be neat about forging the document, I feel it vital to show the extent taken in this whistlblowing incident.

You reply would be greatly appreciated.

HR Consultant and potential Law student

Last edited:
1- Can I represent myself in a civil suit against
a) the employer
b) the individual participants

2- Can HR be held liable?
a) found to have altered documents/employee file.
b) Forged a manager's signature

1(a) Yes but would not recommend it.
(b) No

2 (a)(b) No H.R is a department with in the company, the company is liable if cause exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back