How do I keep millions from my ex husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoskill1973

I have been divorced two years. My ex has custody of our three kids. I pay $933.00 a month child support. It does not say a percentage in the divorce papers.

My new bf has just passed two patents. It is in the billions. He is going to give me $10 million.

I am going to stop working after this school year. I am a teacher.

What should I do to keep this money away from ex? My broker talked about a trust?

tia.Lori

I have been divorced two years. My ex has custody of our three kids. I pay $933.00 a month child support. It does not say a percentage in the divorce papers.

My new bf has just passed two patents. It is in the billions. He is going to give me $10 million.

I am going to stop working after this school year. I am a teacher.

What should I do to keep this money away from ex? My broker talked about a trust?

tia.Lori

Don't take the money.
Wait until the children are adults.
Or, have your benefactor create a trust for you.
Both of you might want to speak with a good trusts attorney and see how you can create trusts for your children and yourself.
In the end it might be impossible to shelter, so defer receiving it until the youngest has become an adult.
Whatever you do, don't be cheap, spend some of that money to get great legal advice.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
This would be the same boyfriend that your ex doesn't want your kids around, and with whom you're engaging in activies that could get you fired?

I guess we've just answered the question of why you're still with this guy.

This would be the same boyfriend that your ex doesn't want your kids around, and with whom you're engaging in activies that could get you fired?

I guess we've just answered the question of why you're still with this guy.

Here we thought it was obsession with giving it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back