how can my ex boyfriend give up his parental rights ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaelynnsmommy

i just had my daughter in march she will be 2 months on the 12 of may but my ex boyfriend / father of my child has not been supporting her in anyway at all & wasent even there the night she was born . everytime we talk we agrue & we just dont get along but today i asked him what he wants to do & he said he will give up his rights to me & not do child support because hes in the middle of high school graduatuation coming up & so i wanted to know how would we need to do it or how would it work for him to do that ?

i just had my daughter in march she will be 2 months on the 12 of may but my ex boyfriend / father of my child has not been supporting her in anyway at all & wasent even there the night she was born . everytime we talk we agrue & we just dont get along but today i asked him what he wants to do & he said he will give up his rights to me & not do child support because hes in the middle of high school graduatuation coming up & so i wanted to know how would we need to do it or how would it work for him to do that ?

You should speak with an attorney in your county.

He should do the same.

Before he can even ATTEMPT to abdicate his parental duties and responsibilities, they must first be established, as you indicate you weren't married.

That can be done by DNA testing.

The state will assist you and him, in that regard.
But, that will also establish state collected support, if DNA determines that he is the father.

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/CS/INDEX.SHTML

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/ag_publications/txts/paternity.shtml

If you are a minor (not yet 18 years of age), I urge you to consult YOUR parents.

Reliquishing paternity isn't easy, and the state is not INCLINED to allow a fish to get off the child support HOOK.

Why would you want that? He doesn't have to see the child, but he's expected to support the child regardless.

Texas is somewhat unique because if both parents agree, and can show the court that Mom can support herself and the child without Dad, the court can TPR by agreement.

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

Not so much.

The chances of you being able to convince the court are slim-to-none.

File for child support.

How old is he?
How old are you?
Has he signed any birth documents?
Has a court established him as Father?
Is there a current support/custody order?

parental rights

how can i get my ex 19 year old boyfriend to give up his parental rights if he dosent even talk to me so we can start processing it

You might want to answer ALL of shrinkmaster's questions above. Thanks.

how can i get my ex 19 year old boyfriend to give up his parental rights if he dosent even talk to me so we can start processing it

It doesn't matter that he communicates with you, sees the child, or not.

Only a court can strip dad of his paternal rights.

Should dad desire to attempt to abdicate his parental rights, he would have to petition a court in your state.

You can discuss the matter with a local attorney, and he or she will detail how you can petition the court in an effort to have the court strip dad of his paternal rights.

Don't get excited, because the standard for parenting is very low, and the court won't second guess your choice in allowing dad to breed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back