Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Hit and Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

aw93210

Approximatley about a week and half ago, my 23 yr old son was involved in accident. He was under the influence of alcohol when he hit a parked vehicle. My son left the scene before the police arrived. I am a homebound disabled individual...unknown to me, my son parked his vehicle in my detached garage. Well, apparently it took the police the last week or so to figure out where the my son's vehicle was and who my son was. The police showed up today at my home asking for my son. I informed them that my son did not live with me. One of the police officers asked me if he could take a look in my garage. I consented to the search..the officer came back inside and informed that my son's vehicle was there. My daughter, who was home at this time, told me the police took pictures of my sons vehicle. The officer who returned into the house told me they were conficating my son's vehicle at that time. The officer told me to inform my son that he needs to turn himself...at this point and time he is wanted only on a misdemeanor charge. I don't think they can charge him with dui..but he was driving on a suspended license. My question is...can he be charged with any kind of felony out of all this. My son has had a few brushs with the law but never anything major. Thank you..

Only God knows the future.

Your son needs to turn himself in to the police. When he does, he should make no statement about any of this nonsense. His best bet is to ask for a lawyer and keep his mouth shut. If he starts talking, things will get tougher than they already have become.

Your son should speak with a lawyer as soon as he can, and say nothing to anyone else. I doubt that he can be charged with a DUI at this late date. But, the police appear to have lots of other troublesome crimes to charge your son with doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If he can afford it and do it very quickly, I think it would be better if he saw a lawyer before turning himself in.

I do not see a felony here unless someone was injured in the collision. As it is I see a misdemeanor for driving on a suspended license and a misdemeanor for the hit and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back