Hit and run on video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinamania

I was at a shopping mall and my car was hit by another car that drove away. Apparently there is a video of this car accident happening and a license plate number is possibly visible. I would like to get compensated for the damage to the car and want to get access to the video. The store might give me a copy of the video and I wonder whether I should go to court and get a lawyer or maybe report it to the police too. I don't know which is a better idea when was looking to get some invites from other people who might have it in smaller car accidents.

I was at a shopping mall and my car was hit by another car that drove away. Apparently there is a video of this car accident happening and a license plate number is possibly visible. I would like to get compensated for the damage to the car and want to get access to the video. The store might give me a copy of the video and I wonder whether I should go to court and get a lawyer or maybe report it to the police too. I don't know which is a better idea when was looking to get some invites from other people who might have it in smaller car accidents.
You should ALWAYS file a police report.
Then you should ALWAYS report the matter to YOUR insurance carrier.

It is unlikely the video will show you a license plate. The store might not even give it to you without police assistance.
You should have reported this to police immediately, before you even moved the car.
From what you describe, it seems like this will come out of your own insurance and you will be on the hook for the deductible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back