hired for permanent position while boss new office was closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi,

I was recently hired for a full-time, permanent position in a daycare in October, and on Dec 13 we were told the center was closing Jan 24. he owners had known since late summer the center was closing yet hired staff (including me) as permanent employees. I left another permanent position to join this daycare and now feel that I have been lied to. Can I sue?

Hi,

I was recently hired for a full-time, permanent position in a daycare in October, and on Dec 13 we were told the center was closing Jan 24. he owners had known since late summer the center was closing yet hired staff (including me) as permanent employees. I left another permanent position to join this daycare and now feel that I have been lied to. Can I sue?

Sue whom?

Sue for what?

Permanent doesn't mean FOREVER.

You have no case, but you're free to sue anyone you want.

As the business is shutting down, who will you sue, even if you had a case?

In this case, it's like suing a DEAD person.

Even if you were to magically prevail, you'd never collect.

So, pretend you sued and the court awarded you $50,000,000.

There, everything's better.

Now, file unemployment, if you qualify.

And, seek new employment.

Doggone it, I'm a very good boy today. PAT PAT PAT RUB RUB RUB PAT PAT PAT

I don't see a case. There is "detrimental reliance" (you relied on their offer & it had an adverse affect) which some states recognize but those cases are hard to win in the employment law context. Very few are won is my understanding. Anyway, based on just what you posted, I don't see that contract law concept applying in your case. It's a contract law concept, not employment law concept.

Sometimes you take a chance & it doesn't work out. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back